GR-55 - Joe Satriani - Patch - Always with me, always with you

Started by Frazão, August 31, 2022, 07:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frazão

Hi, everyone

If someone has this patch, please, share with us: Satriani's song "Always with me, always with you"! Thanks a lot!!

Jim Williams

Here is a start for you...
You need to start with an amp with a high gain British tone. Then you push it with a boss DS1. the song is at 144 BPM, and you can get the delay sound from the GR's digital delay set to BPM. There are some other things in Joe's tone you can't do like the EQ in front of the amp but the DS1 should get you most of the way there. You can try the hi gain Marshall amp model, but Joe uses a JVM, and the 5150 amp might get you closer. set the amp a little lower gain and push it with the DS1. the 2 clean tracks are recorded very differently the first on just copy the settings in this patch and replace the amp with a clean model and replace the DS1 with a compressor. The other track Joe recorded with a Rockman so take the clean patch you made and turn off the amp and make some surgical EQ settings. Start with adding some low cut and take out some 800htz from the mids, then turn up the hi frequency. You should set your compressor to be very thick and squishy and use it to cut things back to not clip.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

Jim Williams

hey, I don't know how to play the song, so I didn't make a GR 55 patch. The real tone won't matter what settings you use if it ain't in your hands. It's all in playing it note for note, so many people want a patch so they can sound like their guitar hero, but Thay don't have the chops. That is some sweet playing on that track good luck.

Jim Williams

I took a stab at it anyways. There are 3 patches but with some creative assigns you could do it with 2.