Optimal USB settings for recording using USB

Started by ILIADE, August 19, 2022, 08:15:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIADE

Hi everyone,

I own a GX-100 and SY-1000. I normally use the audio output from these devices connected to my NI audio interface for recording (I use Logic Pro X). I recently tested recording using the USB out and was wondering what are the optimal settings? The owner manual are not really useful since there is no recommendations for output level or any other settings using the USB output. Thanks for your help!

Chris

Boisdelac

Hi @christiandubuc

First .. i do not own a GX100 ..

I guess the USB audio settings are similar to the settings with in the GT1000

Have a look at the enclosed image gt 1000 usb audio flow.

There are 2 audio inputs (one analog guitar input and one from the USB audio loopback stream from your computer). And there are two USB audio output streams (one with the gx100 internal effects processing and one unprocessed dry signal from your guitar).

This you can select in your computer using one of the bosses usb ports. Don´t know, which is the dry signal, which is the wet signal.

Concerning the level, have a look at the enclosed image boss gx100 usb audio settings (page 125 of your gx100 parameter guide)

Because there is no real VU-meter within the boss devices, you should use the meters within your daw, to level the signals from and to the gx100.

In case you need further help, open an account on Roland Backstage and ask there for help. The guys from Roland are very responsive.

https://www.roland.com/backstage/login