String sensitivity at 100.

Started by TayzGpa, June 28, 2022, 03:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TayzGpa

I am having an issue with setting my sensitivity on a single string.
I have set the other 5 strings at around 70 when playing hard and all seems to be fine.
However, I have 1 string that I have set to 100 and it is still not close to the other strings.
Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

philjynx

Has it previously been able to achieve a higher figure, on other words is it an old installation that's gone bad, or is it a new setup? Are the pickup poles for your offending string actually under the string or are they offset to the side of it?

More info will get you better answers.

TayzGpa

Quote from: philjynx on June 28, 2022, 04:32:29 PMHas it previously been able to achieve a higher figure, on other words is it an old installation that's gone bad, or is it a new setup? Are the pickup poles for your offending string actually under the string or are they offset to the side of it?

More info will get you better answers.

I bought my Telecaster (new) a few months back and bought a new Gk3 to go with it. When I first set it up it worked
fine but recently I've noticed that particular string needing frequent attention. I thought that it might be that particular pole on the Gk3 and I'm not convinced it isn't but I would think it would either work or not work at all.
I thought I might replace the strings in the hopes that it might be a dead string. It's string 2 and it is over the pickup pole.
This is the 3rd Gk3 that I've had on as many guitars and have had no problems with any.

philjynx

Have you tried a different cable? Or try unplugging each end and reinserting it a few times?

aliensporebomb

Caig De-oxit on the cable ends and try again.   De-Oxit is available on Amazon among other places.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

TayzGpa

Thanks everyone.  I'll give it a try.

Update:  Went to the hardware store and bought some contact cleaner.
That seems to have done the trick.
Thanks again!