Question about User patches & System defaults

Started by Melange, May 24, 2022, 09:46:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melange

Hi All

I purchased a used unit. All the user patches slots are used. The manual only lists patches for Lead, Rhythm and Other sound style. I assume new units come with empty user patches slots. Is this correct ? If so, is there a way to delete the user patches ?

Thanks
Stef

admin

Patches have a "P" or a "U"as prefix

thr "U" is User patch memory and as shipped is a copy of the "P" factory Presets

a full reset restores those to "U" User memory

Roland GR-55 Factory Reset (Initialize)

Use the following procedure to clear the GR-55's internal memory and reload its factory settings.

Caution: All User information is lost during a Factory Reset. Be sure to first back up anything you wish to keep before proceeding.

1. Press EDIT.

2. Press the right-hand PAGE button to select the SYSTEM tab.

3. Cursor to "BACKUP/INIT," and then press ENTER.

4. Cursor to "FACTORY RESET," and then press ENTER.

5. Cursor to "OK," and then press ENTER—"FACTORY RESET..." appears in the display.

6. When "PLEASE RESTART" appears, turn the GR-55's power off and back on

Melange

Hi Admin

I tried the factory reset as you suggested. I still see 99 x 3 patches in the User bank. am I correct to assume that these are default patches shipped with the unit ?

Thanks!
Stef

kimyo

Quote from: Melange on May 24, 2022, 10:07:49 AMHi Admin

I tried the factory reset as you suggested. I still see 99 x 3 patches in the User bank. am I correct to assume that these are default patches shipped with the unit ?

Thanks!
Stef
yes.  when shipped, the user bank is filled with patches, none are blank/empty.

gumtown

You will find all the User patches in the "U:" slots are duplicated copies of the Factory Preset patches found in the the "Lead", "Rhythm", and "Other" areas.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/