Boss GP-10+SY-300: Dream Team

Started by Bad overman, May 08, 2022, 10:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad overman

It took a bit of planning and trial and error but I managed to design a great way and apply my AMAZING new guitar synths, the Boss GP-10 and the Boss SY-300 to work with each other and my other fx. I'm very interested in finding out who else swears by these two units, and how they employ them.

Here's my rig rundown:

I use a Y cable to split my dry guitar signal straight out of the jack and send one feed to a 3x2 matrix mixer, and the other to the 4x1 mini-mixer, which feeds the input of the SY-300... then with another Y cable I split the output from the Boss GP-10(controlled only by the Roland GK-3 hex pickup), and also send one signal into the 3x2 and the other into the 4x1.. a third input on the 4x1 is taken up by a 'send' from my main studio mixer, in case I wanna experiment and process a synth or drum machine, vocals etc. through the SY. (NOTE: with a little work you'll find that many GP-10 patches are highly compatible for morphing with many SY-300 patches!). The output from the Boss SY-300 also goes into the 3x2.. so with the 3x2 I can then send the dry guitar, 'dry' GP-10 or SY output(or SY+ GP/another audio source) or all three through the pedalboard, while also sending 'dry' GP-10 or SY audio(or both) to directly bypass the pedals and feed a separate mini-mixer for sum mixing them. Sum mixing also includes further processing that's being done to the floor pedalboard signal as it is sent to a 4x4 matrix mixer routing it to four sets of tabletop pedal chains. The sum mixed signal is then buffered by a Tech-21 para driver, scrubbed by an ISP Decimator, split by a Y cable, sent to a 2-channel DBX compressor, a 2-channel MXR eq, and finally powered by a Marshall tube amp loading a 4x12" speaker cab, and a Traynor solid state amp loading a 2x15" cab and 4x6" cab.. all in all she's a real beauty of a starship!
"Nothing is true, everything is permissible"
http://badoverman.com/badoverman/BAD_OVERMAN.html

GP-10, SY-300, GK-3, MIDX20,  G2M, Midigal, Pyramid, Hydrasynth, Deepmind 12D, Neutron, D, RD-8, Waldorf Q, Matrix1000, Yamaha AN/DX200, Evolver, Mopho, Future Retro XS, Prophecy, Microfreak, Modal Cycles

toddkc

That's the most anxiety-inducing setup I think I've ever seen.  I love that that works for you.  I feel like a catty southern lady saying "Bless your heart, you'll just add anything to your setup, huh?"   ;D