Ask for help: Katana as USB guitar interface but speaker output with 2 sounds

Started by vwillrocku, April 10, 2022, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vwillrocku

Hi all, I have a Katana 50 mkII and planned to use it as a USB guitar interface for recording.
My equipment: Win PC + Reaper + Positive Grid BIAS FX 2 Plugins
My target: record dry guitar sound with Katana USB>>>process with Reaper + Positive Grid plugin >>>>use Katana speaker or headphone to monitor during recording
Problem:  I get two duplicated guitar sound at the same time from Katana speaker. No problem in recording track but it is hard to monitor when playing
Reason: Katana process my guitar sound directly and also process my Reaper sound, send them both to speaker
Try to fix: In Boss Tone Studio, there is a USB setting. Tried all combination but no luck

Ask for help: How can I bypass the preamp of Katana and just monitor the tracks from Reaper? Thanks for help!

admin

QuoteAsk for help: How can I bypass the preamp of Katana and just monitor the tracks from Reaper? Thanks for help!

Not possible on Katana

Review the USB Audio I/O path

Katanas lack a "USB Loop Back "

Latest Boss Processors do. But not Katana

Biggest problem with Katana as USB Audio Recording interface is the Headphone Output is 1 channel  monophonic 

Katana is not capable of monitoring USB  Stereo Audio playback using it's headphone output

( new Line6 Catalyst does support USB  Stereo Audio playback using it's headphone output )

vwillrocku

Thanks for your quick reply! Oh, it's time to buy a proper interface.
Thanks again!