Fc 300 PC commands on multiple midi channels at once.

Started by Principele, February 26, 2022, 12:32:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Principele

Hello guys!
Looking to buy a new midi controller.
Got my eyes on the G Lab GSC4 and the FC 300.
The problem is that the G Lab doesnt have expression pedals, that s why i would prefer the FC 300.
The G Lab can send PC commands on different Midi Channels at once, for example, PC 1 on CH2,PC3 on CH1,PC 21 on CH6, PC4 on CH5, etc, up to 10 Channels per patch.
I read the manual on FC300, but cant find anything regarding this.
Can anyone help?

Jim Williams

you can do it on the FC-300 but it a pain to program. I programed mine to control my Axe Fx III to do have PC and scene changes with the CTL and pedals doing per scene changes. I use the manual mode to change scenes in the PC mode. there is the fourth mode that you can set multiple midi commands and that is a lot of menu scrolling to program, but it works great. I used it for my GT Pro and synth rig for a short time a few years ago. If there was a PC editor for it, it would be far ahead of its time.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

Principele

Quote from: Jim Williams on February 26, 2022, 02:01:20 AM
you can do it on the FC-300 but it a pain to program. I programed mine to control my Axe Fx III to do have PC and scene changes with the CTL and pedals doing per scene changes. I use the manual mode to change scenes in the PC mode. there is the fourth mode that you can set multiple midi commands and that is a lot of menu scrolling to program, but it works great. I used it for my GT Pro and synth rig for a short time a few years ago. If there was a PC editor for it, it would be far ahead of its time.
Thx for your answer, so it s possible, but alot of menu scrolling, to bad it doesnt have an app for windows or mac so i cand edit patches faster.
Do you have any ideea on how many channels per patch i can send PC comands?

admin

The Morningstar MC-8 is superior in this regard of sending multiple MIDI Messages as well as superior to program it

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=26914.0

Principele

Quote from: admin on February 26, 2022, 07:26:49 AM
The Morningstar MC-8 is superior in this regard of sending multiple MIDI Messages as well as superior to program it

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=26914.0
Wow, never knew this existed, thx!

A2theT

Quote from: Jim Williams on February 26, 2022, 02:01:20 AMyou can do it on the FC-300 but it a pain to program. I programed mine to control my Axe Fx III to do have PC and scene changes with the CTL and pedals doing per scene changes.

i did exactly this with my Axe FX II.  I also assign the exp1/2 switches on an FC-300 preset-by-preset basis.  For instance exp1 switch is generally set to turn on wah in many patches and exp2 i use for whatever.  i.e it will turn on pitch2 effect if I have whammy assigned to it.   not as flexible as an MFC or FC (for the axe III) guys but very sufficient as you can just program your axe fx scenes to handle presets for songs where you may want to kick in some delay or add in a drive pedal for a solo etc..
HEAVY on the METAL
Axe-Fx II, Roland VG-99 + FC-300, Roland GR-55, Digitech Jamman Stereo, Ibanez/ESP/Jackson Guitars

HorttanaMusix

Hi, I decided to chip in because I had the same question about the multi channel control before I bought the FC-300. I got the unit now, and I'm writing a blog about the Patch mode on my website. The Patch Mode is indeed powerful tool, and if you're interested or have more questions about it, go and send me a comment on to the blog. I'm updating it as I go, and it would be wonderful to get feedback on things people want to know.

I'm controlling 4 different sets of gear with the FC-300, all in different channels.

Here's a link to the blog:
www.anttihorttana.com/post/roland-fc-300-patch-mode-experience-english

gumtown

OMG the FC-300 internal structure is really deep.
in Patch Mode, I have a single pedal sending up to 180 commands when pressed once (that is where I hit the 'memory full' limit),
and the patch size of the FC-300 is not static,
 it varies depending on the additional commands added to each pedal.

This is going to take a bit longer than expected to build an FC-300FloorBoard editor.

The only things I have not yet found is how the pedal can tell the editor which patch it is on,
 and how to get the editor to change patch on the FC-300 (FC-300 does not 'listen' to patch change, it only issues patch change).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/