Midi Volume levels on the RC 600

Started by ravmitterhoff, February 23, 2022, 04:52:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ravmitterhoff

Does any know the midi settings to control the volume levels of the Boss RC 600's tracks? I would love to use my novation launchpad in custom mode as a mixer but I cannot figure out the midi settings. Any help would be appreciated :)

admin

Contact Boss Support vs Backstage account and request the Boss RC-600 Complete MIDI IMPLEMENTATION document.

If enough folks make in inquiry, the might release it

philjynx

Some bright spark can snoop the MIDI traffic of Tone Studio. Odds are someone is already snooping.

admin

Quote from: philjynx on February 23, 2022, 01:57:04 PM
Some bright spark can snoop the MIDI traffic of Tone Studio. Odds are someone is already snooping.

But the Tone Studio for RC is lame, zero Control Assignments -its simply a sample loader

No SYSEX data to snoop on

philjynx

Quote from: admin on February 23, 2022, 02:24:36 PM
But the Tone Studio for RC is lame, zero Control Assignments -its simply a sample loader

No SYSEX data to snoop on
Rather a grandiose name then! Oh well...

philjynx

Quote from: ravmitterhoff on February 23, 2022, 04:52:29 AM
Does any know the midi settings to control the volume levels of the Boss RC 600's tracks? I would love to use my novation launchpad in custom mode as a mixer but I cannot figure out the midi settings. Any help would be appreciated :)

Page 26 of the parameters guide shows the assign for individual track level Control Change messages. You send. CC in the range 0:200

No snooping required, just reading.

ravmitterhoff

Thanks everyone! I found this video which helps explain it

philjynx

Quote from:  Bluesbird on February 23, 2022, 03:54:51 PM
Just to be clear, CC messages range from 0 to 127. The 0 to 127 range affects the volume which ranges from 0 to 200.
Good point, the looper will map 0:127 to 0:200.