axon ax100 mii plus Yamaha MOTIF es and Yamaha MFC10

Started by heros57, February 21, 2022, 05:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gearhound22

Quote from: heros57 on March 21, 2022, 07:52:47 PM
Got The Nexter Pacer up and running, but I have tried everything I can think of to get it to do what I want. I can set a MSB and LSB and Program number and it will change to a patch completely unrelated to the info I save. At least it is changing sounds. but only PCM sounds. I can't get it to go to the Super Natural sounds. I'm stuck for now.
  I see when I hit on an electric Piano on the AXON , the Integra also loads an electric piano. Which was a default setting. The Program Bank was already set so When I hit switch 6 while on Program A,the foot switch A6 goes to electric piano on both units. I had this problem before and worked it out by copying and pasting  the sound I wanted to the location that was selected. This unit seems to be more complicated....

This should give the info for the midi MSB info etc
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/INTEGRA-7_MI.pdf

ie some here
----+-----------+-----------+----------------------------+-------------
095 | 000 - 003 | 001 - 128 | User SN Synth Tone | 0001 - 0512
-----+-----------+-----------+----------------------------+-------------

If it was me I would do the following
Keep the floorboard simple PC 0-127
Keep the Axon presets 0-127
Pick which patches you want on the Roland and the order
Assign the MSB etc in the Axon to change the required ones on the Roland , I would also rename the axon preset names to match the patch for ease of use .

If you need to swap them around you can do so under the Midi Mapping tab in the Axon editor

heros57

Thanks. I can't get the editor to load on my Mac or my windows 7 laptop. Long story short....I ended up sending back the Pacer and got a Yamaha MFC10. Worked for me immediately. I came out of the Axon to the in on the MFC10 and out of it to the Roland. Took 5 min, to map out 9 sounds I liked. I don't no anywhere near as much as probably anyone here but not having a midi in on the pacer might have been the problem all along, or maybe I didn't even have to use the midi in...I don't know. All I do know is it worked right away.
  The only thing I have to work out now in the on board foot pedal for volume. Any help would be great. I can't seem to find what numbers I need to get it to work. Status,,,,,then Data/Control,,,,then MSB and LSB ...etc. Thanks for taking time to reply....D