Is the MG30 able to deliver line level & is it hard panning its parallel FXs?

Started by eUphonic, February 02, 2022, 11:13:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eUphonic

All is in the tittle...

Finding the form factor of this unit attractive for my current needs, I'd use its send / return with the line level preamp of a combo. I'd tame it if necessary (Nux loops being not really tolerant to high level signals, IME with the Cerberus at least) but I'd like to be sure that cranking the master volume would be able to bring back line level @ the output.

I was also wondering if parallel FX's are hard panned, with mod on the left output only for example... That's what I understand in the "post-EFX parallel  routing" of their webpage: https://www.nuxefx.com/mg-30.html

But it's not clearly stated.

Last but not least, I was wondering to which extent parallel signal chains can be organized: is the parallel path limited to a few FX's?

Thx for any answer... :-)

eUphonic

Quote from: admin on February 02, 2022, 11:22:46 PM
NUX MG-30 ALL CONTROL PARAMETERS
https://docs.google.com/s

Thx for this link as for all your contributions.

Now, I've seen this doc before, opened it, and have not found the answers that I searched. Reason why I've created this topic. Maybe that's just me (I'm ill and therefore not totally functional)...  ???

eUphonic

eUphonic

Rough draft of answer: no, there's no hard panning of the parallel FX's, even though the pic on the Nux webpage shows the MOD FX in front of the left output and the RVB in front of the right output.

To be clear, I didn't expect a different result... I was just wondering if their iconographic choice was meaning something. I guess that I would have drawn differently the routing of their parallel post FX's but that's just me.

Regarding output level: I've not yet tried a line level device in the loop but with the physical volume pot maxed out, I had to lower the patch level to almost -12dB in order to achieve guitar level. It suggests that the MG30 has more than enough output on tap for line level operation. More later about that.