Ampero - Total Newbie...

Started by spinetrak, January 18, 2022, 11:03:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinetrak

Hi all...

I am a total newbie, so I have a total newbie question / problem, as I am bit overwhelmed by the Ampero that I got my hands on for my son (e-guitar), who has even less of a clue...

So he is trying to practice with playing GuitarPro arrangements on the MacBook, which is connected to the Ampero. The guitar is ofc also connected (correctly) to the Ampero and the Ampero is then connected to the line in of the blackstar amplifier. This all works very well, except, I am unable to set the volume of the laptop playing GuitarPro. It is connected to the Ampero via USB, volume out is already only 5%, and yet, the volume turns immediately very loud and basically goes from silent to very loud immediately when I turn the volume knob of the Ampero.

So...

1. should I be connecting the MacBook via audio cable instead of USB (given that we don't actually want to record anything on the laptop)?
2. if I actually wanted to connect the MacBook via USB (to record, I guess), and at the same time want to listen via the Blackstar, how to I fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Renzo

admin

I would use a 3.5mm TRS cable between Mac Headphone output and Ampero Aux Input