SY-1000 ST Violas by Harry

Started by Harry1227, January 09, 2022, 12:06:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry1227

Hey! Here are 2 viola patches.

ST ViolinHiCut -
EXP1 changes attack.
CTL1 - hold PAD. If pressed during silence, you can play solo on all six strings without a pad.
CurNUM - Alt Tune
CTL2 - Delay on/off, BPM TAP.

ST Viol CTL1 EQ -
CTL1 changes attack.
CurNUM - on/off accent.
CTL2 - Delay on/off, BPM TAP.
EXP1 - changes the reverberation time.
BankUp/Down - ambient control.

Nobulusprime

Not sure but this might be your viola patch doing the rounds?
Update - apparently not according to the guy playing they're his patches. The ones on here are devoid of soul and feelings  ::)

Harry1227

Sounds very similar, but I did not send my patches to anyone before they were published in this post.
The sound of the viola in the video differs in timbre and the amount of reverb. The sound is denser in the lower middle region, high frequencies are softened. And yes, the technique is amazing. The flavor of Turkish music is conveyed very well.
Although it's probably not correct to talk about the timbre component, since the sound on the video is from the camera, and not from the line output of the sound card or sy-1000.

jozart

What is the source or channel for the video?

Nobulusprime

Quote from: Harry1227 on January 14, 2022, 10:34:49 AM
Sounds very similar, but I did not send my patches to anyone before they were published in this post.
The sound of the viola in the video differs in timbre and the amount of reverb. The sound is denser in the lower middle region, high frequencies are softened. And yes, the technique is amazing. The flavor of Turkish music is conveyed very well.
Although it's probably not correct to talk about the timbre component, since the sound on the video is from the camera, and not from the line output of the sound card or sy-1000.
I'm pretty sure that's just because the audio quality is very poor.

Nobulusprime

Quote from: jozart on January 14, 2022, 12:11:29 PM
What is the source or channel for the video?
Here's the guys video selling his patches.

gumtown

Quote from: Nobulusprime on January 14, 2022, 12:27:25 PM
Here's the guys video selling his patches.

17th November 2021 it was posted.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Nobulusprime

Quote from: gumtown on January 14, 2022, 05:09:42 PM
17th November 2021 it was posted.

It's interesting the cello tone in this video is more like one I posted a few months back. The new one (posted yesterday) above is much more like Harry's tone and he's even called it *Viola* and *not* violin or cello which is what you would expect. There's a clarinet tone and a flute tone which also sound very similar to stuff I've posted. The clarinet type sound definitely has the breath effect (noise) on it with the characteristic hiss, the flute is very much like what I posted definitely uses dynamic synth a VIO and has noise wave. Hard to tell with the quality of the audio. I'm not that bothered really, all power to him. I know this sort of thing happens all the time

I'm tempted to buy some samples and look at the structure of sounds.  :D

littletardis

Only started looking at the SY-1000 patches on the forum (Had an SY-300 before) and just blown away by this one - spent most of the evening playing along to ELO tracks !!! Thank You.

jcifuentes

wow! "Winter is coming"
superior sound.