Welcome to the (Blue) Machine Pink Floyd

Started by Nobulusprime, December 22, 2021, 11:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobulusprime

So this is the patch for Welcome to the Machine recreated on the SY1000
In one path you get:

*Hard Panning 'Throb' bass EMS Synthi - this is a simple Dynamic Synth sequence - Play E at the 7th fret on the A string and hold with CTL 1
*Arp String Synthe through a leslie - This is a Super Saw Dynamic Synth - Play an E5 chord high up on the DGB&E strings at the 10th fret - Hold strings with footswitch 3
* Mini Moog solo - OSC synth dual wave monophonic, chromatic off, LFO decay for vibrato and pitch glide - GK Volume is set to contol this synth Note have the GK volume down whilst you hold the Bass and Strings sounds and then raise it to play the solo

The 12strings where just the stock Dual 12 stings in the preset with a bit of extra Equing
Have fun

bosetuno

aliensporebomb

I'm still knocked out with how great this is.
I think the Pink Floyd guys should hear it!

Am I reading this correct that you are using just the GK3 pickup volume control for the portion you bolded?
You weren't using a volume pedal? 

I tried this patch on my GK2A equipped Roland Ready Strat and the patch comes out with a nice clean guitar sound - no synth sounds or anything, but it might be the fact that I'm not using a volume pedal and I only have one external two button footswitch on my SY-1000 at this time.

Trying my GK3 equipped guitar.   Yep seems to work there.   Very interesting indeed.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Nobulusprime

Quote from: aliensporebomb on December 23, 2021, 06:34:26 AM
I'm still knocked out with how great this is.
I think the Pink Floyd guys should hear it!

Am I reading this correct that you are using just the GK3 pickup volume control for the portion you bolded?
You weren't using a volume pedal? 

I tried this patch on my GK2A equipped Roland Ready Strat and the patch comes out with a nice clean guitar sound - no synth sounds or anything, but it might be the fact that I'm not using a volume pedal and I only have one external two button footswitch on my SY-1000 at this time.

Trying my GK3 equipped guitar.   Yep seems to work there.   Very interesting indeed.
Yeah I assigned the gk volume to the OSC synth. I'm using internal GK3s on my guitars. I've not got any expression pedals hooked up to the SY at the mo. It would be easy to assign it though. I did have a clean guitar set up for strumming the chords, I just turn down regular volume on the guitar to mute that. Not sure why it didn't work with the GK2A.

kevorkian

This is unbelievably good. One of the best such efforts I've ever heard.

roachone

All I can say is WOW! That is pretty amazing sounding. Excellent job my friend.

BROCKSTAR

Dang that is nice! This is why roland / boss needs to look for better people like you to make presets and demos for them instead of someone that doesn't know what they're doing and make ghost buster sounds lol. This is excellent programming and playing and showcases what a unit can do!

gumtown

JEEPERS !! that's a goody  :o
Well played too !!
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

CodeSmart

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

whippinpost91850

This is completely awesome. Roland should hire you to make their patches :)

VGA-7

Yep pretty awesome! Thanks,it even works on my GK-2A !
Gibson L6S /gk2a , Bradley mini strat  /gk2a VGA-7 amp ,GR-33 , GP-10,SY1K, RMC breakout box, PK5 midi pedals,CM-64 sound module, Oberheim EDP  ,Boss RC-300,Digitech TRIO and TRIO +, Alesis DM5, GX2 Gear Shifter and GKPX-14

mrz80

Jesus freak, guitarist, luthier, bicyclist, ham (WA4UF)...
Turning every scrap of wood in the garage into Les Pauls, Telecasters, and 12 strings

mchad

I missed the original post.

Yet again another example of what can be done with the SY1000.

Thank you Nobulusprime.

Boss need to think about a consultancy. A tone consultant.

Allomerus

Awesome patch. Thanks for sharing!
Too busy play to comment any more...

AndresOtero

Quote from: Nobulusprime on December 22, 2021, 11:36:30 AMSo this is the patch for Welcome to the Machine recreated on the SY1000
In one path you get:

*Hard Panning 'Throb' bass EMS Synthi - this is a simple Dynamic Synth sequence - Play E at the 7th fret on the A string and hold with CTL 1
*Arp String Synthe through a leslie - This is a Super Saw Dynamic Synth - Play an E5 chord high up on the DGB&E strings at the 10th fret - Hold strings with footswitch 3
* Mini Moog solo - OSC synth dual wave monophonic, chromatic off, LFO decay for vibrato and pitch glide - GK Volume is set to contol this synth Note have the GK volume down whilst you hold the Bass and Strings sounds and then raise it to play the solo

The 12strings where just the stock Dual 12 stings in the preset with a bit of extra Equing
Have fun
Magnífico presets

Tom66

AndresOtero

Magnífico trabajo.
Gracias por compartirlo.