Welcome to the Blue Machine

Started by Nobulusprime, December 18, 2021, 01:59:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobulusprime

Ok, some more Pink Floyd... - This time it's the synth solo in Welcome to the Machine played mostly live and updated - The old mix was bad as was the OSC false triggers now corrected!
In one patch there is:
*The Mini Moog solo (OSC Synth - difficult to tame and play, but sounds great!), GK volume for used to bring the OSC in
*The EMS Synthi 'Thobs' (Dynamic Synth) which are a simple sequence and panned hard left and right with the pan effect the sequence is held with control 1
*ARP String Ensemble - Dynamic synth with LFO and wave pedal assistance -held with switch 3

The stereo 12strings were overdubbed playing an approximate part.

chrish

Excellent. These types of examples are what Roland should have used to sell the SY1000. You may sell a few for them. ;)

Nobulusprime

Quote from: chrish on December 18, 2021, 02:13:24 PM
Excellent. These types of examples are what Roland should have used to sell the SY1000. You may sell a few for them. ;)
Indeed, not a lot of imagination on the Roland/Boss side of things but yeah with a bit of promo they could easily achieve this. A bit like what Bill Ruppert does with EHX pedals i.e. He plays approximations (to avoid copyright strikes) or facsimiles of classic tracks that help sell those pedals. The irony is the SY1000 can do what most of those EHX pedals do and much more in one box.

Nobulusprime

Improved and updated  - I'll post the the patch later this week when I connect to the editor

aliensporebomb

This is absolutely brilliant!   Grinning from ear to ear!   Can't wait to check the patch out but sometimes the patches lead you into other directions you don't expect!  But if you played this live at a solo gig people would be amazed!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.