Boss RC-600 - Videos

Started by admin, December 06, 2021, 12:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

BOSS RC-505 MK2 vs RC-600 // Review, tutorial // 505 MKII vs RC-505 looper / loopstation /

admin

Quote from: admin on December 06, 2021, 12:48:54 AM
BOSS RC-505 MK2 vs RC-600 // Review, tutorial // 505 MKII vs RC-505 looper / loopstation /

It's revealed both RC-600 and RC-505 MKII have unique USB Audio features

STANDARD MODE: 2 IN /2 OUT USB CLASS Compliant
I believe its 16 bit @ 44.1kHz

VENDOR MODE: (ASIO/CORE AUDIO) 8 IN /8 OUT
24 bit@44.1kHz

My hunch its similar to SY-1000 USB Physical Layer controller IC

There may be a possibility a SY-1000 firmware update could add a new feature
* STANDARD MODE: 2 IN /2 OUT USB CLASS Compliant , would allow SY-1000 to work with iPad hosted Audio apps , (JO MIDI GUITAR 2) and IOS Recording apps

Allomerus

Sound pretty good on it's own...

plexified

Alex narrated demo/walkthrough :

Some ideas for midi control. This is where the 505/505 MKII & 600 accell. You have to wrap your mind around having 16 assigns to control or trigger per patch. This video has a generic controller, however a GT1000 for example can be a full midi controller. A blank patch with only midi assigns. OR you can incorporate assigned points on the GT as controls. IE in manual mode you have 5 on/off switches. . . its only limited to your imagination. You might benefit from table top controls. Its tough to wrap your mind around if you come from guitar pedal board like me. But once you break the stigma for the first time, think about what the D.J.'s do and in particular the Beatbox crowd. ( I posted vids in the 505 section )You have to build your layout for your show and control points. Gather ALL your control points and parameters and put it on paper so you see the arsenal you have available to work with. Pick a song to layout and go to work.  @ the 11 minute mark the video gets into this concept.

edit : Here is an example of a powerful table top tool , reasonably priced:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BeatStep--arturia-beatstep-pad-controller-and-cv-gate-sequencer

Realistically, you can also use the 505 / 505 MK II as the table top controller and add either a foot controller, however large or small, or use a Guitar Floorboard as described above.

Elantric