Best outboard MIDI box to trigger both Hardware and Soft Synths at same time

Started by Jay-fgn, April 21, 2013, 01:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay-fgn

My two Fishman Tripleplays arrive tomorrow and I am wanting to play both Soft and hard synths simultaneously.  Its going to be hard to give up my Hardware synths because I right now I depend a lot on the sounds in these instruments. 

I am wanting to get some advice from the experienced on what midi unit will be the best to accomplish this.  I am aware of the iConnect and Kenton devices and also that the iConnectMID4+ will not be available till July or so.  Are there any other options?

Thanks
Jay 

shawnb-fgn

Using a computer, correct (for your vsts)?
How many ports do you need?  Need audio?
If midi only, I can vouch for the little midisport 2x2... 
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MIDISPORT2x2AnniversaryEdition.html

Shawn
Dogmatic attachment to the supposed merits of a particular structure hinders the search for an appropriate structure.
- Fripp

Jay-fgn

This is a live playing situation.... I wanting to trigger the computer samples say a piano and at the same time trigger a module such as Roland xv 2080,  Ketron, a GR 20 Roland for say a sax sound.    I would control the output level for the different sound sources with volume pedals in the output lines. I have some audio midi interfaces i.e. Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Apogee ONE etc.  I would like to put the dongle in say an iConnectMIDI, USB out to the computer, 5 pin midi out to the modules.   Wouldn't this work?

Thanks
Jay

Elantric-fgn

QuoteI would like to put the dongle in say an iConnectMIDI, USB out to the computer, 5 pin midi out to the modules.   Wouldn't this work?

Yes iConnectMIDI makes that all happen.
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .