Couple interesting things about Line6 StageScape and StageSource gear

Started by shawn-fgn, May 30, 2012, 01:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawn-fgn

This equipment is designed specifically for live sound and not just for guitarists. But there are two features of this gear that I find interesting.

The StageScape mixer can be controlled over Wi-Fi using an iPad. It'd be cool to see this kinda system added to other future Line6 products.

The StageSource powered speaker systems actually have Variax-based acoustic guitar modeling built-in AND you can plug *any* type of acoustic guitar in. it doesn't have to be a Variax to use this Variax-based modeling. I'm assuming that the modeling that's happening here isn't anywhere near as complex as what an actual Variax guitar does. But it's the only guitar modeling product they've made that doesn't require you to use a Line6 guitar (as far as I know). They may never take this technology outside of StageSource, but it'd be a remarkable development to one day be able to plug any old guitar into a standalone Variax box and just have it work. Who knows if Line6 would ever even want to develop something like that, but it never hurts to dream, I guess.

Elantric-fgn

With all new gear and new advertised features, One must separate marketing hype from useable functionality.

Try before buy, or buy from a dealer with a generous return policy.
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .