Sonuus Pitch to MIDI Converters

Started by vanceg-fgn, February 15, 2011, 09:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanceg-fgn

The Sonuus company has released a new version of their (very) inexpensive Pitch-to-MIDI for Guitar and Bass.
If you aren't familiar with these devices, they are really kind of cool in that they take a standard guitar (or bass) output and convert to MIDI without the need to install a Hex pickup.  They are small, easily fit in the palm of your hand.  Guitar/Bass cable goes in one side, MIDI comes out the other. 

Note, however, the are monophonic - you aren't going to be playing chords or enormously fast runs with overlapping notes using these. 

When I tried them at NAMM, I thought they were quite impressive for their size, ease of use and general 'handiness'. 

They have one version which is intended for Guitar to MIDI, and one that connects to a computer via USB and also allows for audio input to the computer. 

I really should have picked one up at NAMM - I'm kicking myself now. They're just too handy to not have one around.

They just announced some tweaks/improvements to their G2M (Guitar in, MIDI out) and software for the i2M (Instrument to MIDI and Audio via USB). 

Check out http://www.sonuus.com/press_releases.html