Wild Crow - Get Away (live) Dark Fire goes live!!

Started by Elboy, November 19, 2010, 01:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elboy

Hi all
Played out first gig with Wild Crow on the 22nd October.  This is a live version of "Get Away"  My boy is now 13 playing lead guitar, it was his first ever gig.  Dark Fire didn't miss a beat but added to the nerves on the night  ;D

Not a quality recording but i thought it might be fun to show some unprocessed music for a change.  Comments good or bad are of course very welcome.

Gibson Dark Fire DF 2053 (currently very healthy, although the paint on the pickups is coming off!!!)
Epiphone LP custom EMGs
Eastwood Airline
Gretch projet
Ibanez AELL40SERLV
Hughes and Ketner 25 anniversary 20watt tube amp

simont-fgn

Great stuff!!
First ever 'real person' captured playing a DarkFire.  8)

I checked out your other videos too. Your son's doing great.
Crazy is crazy  ;)

Zummooz-fgn

I'll repeat 'simont' remarks.... 8) Great stuff !!

1st DarkFire I've seen played live....Congrats  ;D also 1st FGN member to stand up to the challenge.
So for that, have some karma....

Well done & doesn't the DarkFire look so cool under lights.

Glad all went well on the night & I'm still scratching my head over your 13 yo son.....You must be so proud !

Elboy thank you so much for sharing this video. 

Just 1 question.....
Playing live, is DF though computer / mixing desk etc ?
                              or
You got settings stored in DF & go straight into amps / mixer desk etc ?
Just curious !!

Thanks again & very nice work....Cheers  :)   
Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

MCK-fgn

Elboy, great going!!! Thanks much for sharing. Your son is doing great indeed. I can see him taking over the centre-stage from you very soon!!! Keep it coming please. This was very refreshing.
Dark Fire Initial Check Out  - Q/A
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31267.0

Caig DeOxit - Buy now before you need it !!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31707.0

DF400-fgn

Great performance. I love the song and great job on the vocals as well. Just out of curiosity, how was he DF configured?

Elboy

Thanks for all your feedback guys.   ;D

I play the DF on the yellow bank and each song is set up on a different setting.  Not to much changes, mostly tuning and EQ - Straight to the pedalboard then straight to the amp - Amps mic'ed up. 

After this gig we played in a competition through a VERY poor set up that was supplied for all bands.  Electrical shocks etc.!  The DF stopped working during tuning (i reported this before on this site) however i had planned for it and had my DF charger plugged in with the 1/4" jack around the mic stand.  I simply unplugged. plugged in the charger, the DF sprang back to life and away we went, 10 secs only but you could do without it.

Zummooz -- I am glad i am not the only one scratching my head!!! To be totally honest he is far better than me now.  His cord work can improve but the speed he is picking up lead and theory is frightening!
Gibson Dark Fire DF 2053 (currently very healthy, although the paint on the pickups is coming off!!!)
Epiphone LP custom EMGs
Eastwood Airline
Gretch projet
Ibanez AELL40SERLV
Hughes and Ketner 25 anniversary 20watt tube amp

Johnnyurq-fgn

+1 to all the positive comments great stuff.

I hope your lad keeps it up as he will become an awesome guitarist.

hoopyfrood

Yeah good stuff. I enjoyed that very much and your boys doing great.
I don't make mistakes..........I thought I did once but I was wrong.