June 1st... Dude where's my YRG???

Started by MCK-fgn, June 01, 2010, 04:49:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riotcrue

Hey I've been watching the forum for a while now.  Got my YRG today, not bad, not bad.  I have basically been using only TAP mode because the triggering with the strings isn't so great.  Here is a video with some VSTI action,  Eastwest Quantum Leap Gypsy, check it out.

Elantric-fgn

"Just a short vid with my new You Rock Guitar. I am only using tap mode (left hand only, no strumming) I have found the strings to be inaccurate when triggering notes. There might be a firmware update coming soon to allow different velocity curves until then Tap mode works pretty good for simple stuff like this"

. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

j@zz

Hello Elantric and fgn!
i been on tour thru NJ and NY for the last week but also got my YRG last week. just recently opened it and been doing a cursory analysis.

first i want to thank Elantric for your objective (technical) analysis of this new and revolutionary potential technology! i did read about your background and happy to be impressed with both your musicality and technical acumen!

i been so jazzed for so long to get this instrument after seeing all the vids by matthias (sp?), karl, and fish and others, and have a great deal of hope for it in the future.
i did download the new alpha control panel today and started to see how that helps to make it more like the prototype models that were provided to the musicians in the promotional videos.

i still find the tap mode quite fascinating and reveals to me the potential of this revolutionary product.
at this point my experiments playing al di meolas mediteranian sundance quintuplet double picking patterns and mahavishnu orcehstra meeting of the spirits patterns seem to be missing quite a bit of sensitivity.

hopefull with some new firmware upgrades and utilties ( and/or publishing of system exclusives) i'll be able to use it in some live performances as well as music scoring and publishing for my students in the future.
my base test platform is xp using realband/bandin a box, and vsts including forte and roland VSC.

thx so much for keeping the fort together and looking forwrd to this new instrument to be what i envision it could be!
peace and happy jamming!
j@zz

Elantric-fgn

welcome to FGN!

Give us your own YRG report after you spend some time with it!

MCK-fgn

It finally made it here in Japan. Costed me more in shipping to get it here via ShopUSA than the product itself. I specifically asked Inspired to put the game cartridge in the same shipping container but somehow they forgot. Now I have to go through the hassle of getting that separately and possibly at my cost for shipping. Most disappointed about this issue. Aside from that packaging looks ok. A little Toy's R Us ish for my taste but hey. It is what it is. More impressions to come. Cheers.
Dark Fire Initial Check Out  - Q/A
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31267.0

Caig DeOxit - Buy now before you need it !!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31707.0

Germanicus-fgn

Welp i decided to give this a crack. hard to not give it a shot. cost 174 shipped from provantage.

If i can use it to input and create tabs quickly it will be worth it.
Roland VG99
Pod HD500
JTV69, Variax 600 and 700 Acoustic
Traynor k4

www.steamtheory.com

Elantric-fgn

Congratulations.

I Look forward to your YRG thoughts.