GR-55 - GK3 guitar out not working

Started by Elantric, February 16, 2011, 10:13:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

etalkishere@yahoo.com

rickyschneider

Hello everyone, I'd like to know if its possible to send the PU signal only through the GR-55 guitar out, because when I turn the the GK switch in "mix", the PU signal and the patch signal are mixed through the GR-55 main out (L/R).
What I'm aiming for is that the guitar pickup signal head always towards the guitar  out and the rest of the patch through the L/R, regardless of how the GK control is regulated. That way I will be able to use a multi-effects and external amplifier for the guitar instead of a synthesizer. Thank you.

kenact

Quote from: rickyschneider on December 14, 2019, 03:22:41 AM
Hello everyone, I'd like to know if its possible to send the PU signal only through the GR-55 guitar out, because when I turn the the GK switch in "mix", the PU signal and the patch signal are mixed through the GR-55 main out (L/R).

It is possible, but it thoroughly depends on the patch.
Godin Session & Montreal FTP, LGXT, LGX SA, Redline, ACS, A12, A11, A10, A4
Danoblaster Baritone w/GK-3
Gretsch Nashville, Viking
Fender Strats
Fret King Supermatic
Larrivee DV03RE
Parker Midi Fly
Seagull, S&P 12
VOX Phantom XII
GR-55, 33, 30, 20, GI-20, RC-50, US-20, VG-99, VP-7
Sentient 6
Cyr 7

Mrchevy

Quote from: rickyschneider on December 14, 2019, 03:22:41 AM
What I'm aiming for is that the guitar pickup signal head always towards the guitar  out and the rest of the patch through the L/R, regardless of how the GK control is regulated. That way I will be able to use a multi-effects and external amplifier for the guitar instead of a synthesizer. Thank you.
Do this... EDIT> PAGE buttons to SYSTEM>then ENTER>rotate scroll wheel to OTHER>then ENTER. Highlight your GUITAR OUT setting, it will be at the top. Rotate scroll wheel to desired setting. then EXIT to return to previous pages. By default, this is usually off. I have mine set to PATCH and usually leave my selector switch on the GK3 to mix. In the TONES tab, you can turn on or off the tones and normal pickup there also per patch, but must be turned on in settings as instructed to work.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

admin

Links exist the GR-55 FAQ
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3137

Start here

GR-55 - Make your GK-3 "Guitar/Mix/Synth" Switch work (step by step)
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3402.0

Then

How to enable  the GR-55 "Guitar Output" jack:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4682.msg31583#msg31583

Mrchevy

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic