Moog E1 Guitar Receives Mix Foundation TEC Award

Started by Elantric-fgn, October 28, 2009, 02:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric-fgn

http://news.harmony-central.com/Product-news/On-A-Winning-Streak-The-Moog-Guitar-Receives-Mix-Foundation-TEC-Award

The Moog Guitar has won the 2009 MIX Foundation TEC Award for Outstanding Technical Achievement, Musical Instrument Category. This prestigious award takes its place alongside the many others in The Moog Guitar's list of honors, including the Guitar Player's "Reader's Choice Award," Electronic Musician's "Editor's Choice Award," Popular Science's "Best Of What's New Award," and NAMM "Best In Show: honors.

Our thoughts can best be summed up by a few words from those most deeply involved.

"I was honored to receive the 2009 TEC award for the Moog Guitar for everyone at Moog Music. I guess you have to do something right to get this award. As the inventor, I figure I did two things right. One was to not give up on the technology that makes the Moog Guitar possible — I've worked on it for many years. The second was to join up with the great folks at Moog Music to bring this product to market. Without their solid and constant support this would not have been possible," said Moog Guitar inventor, Paul Vo. "I'd particularly like to thank Mike Adams, who made the decision to do this and never wavered, Cyril Lance, for his wise guidance, and Eric Church, who enthusiastically worked harder than I did when we were putting in those 100 hour weeks developing the Collector Edition."

Moog's Chief Engineer Cyril Lance added, "The Moog Guitar represents an incredible amount of innovation, hard work, and dedication from our whole team here at Moog and I want to acknowledge that first and foremost. The opportunity to create a whole new paradigm for an instrument comes along rarely and is an essential part of our mission here at Moog. The result is quintessentially Moog — organic, intuitive, and immediately expansive, using the strings as our oscillators instead of transistors. We are all very proud of this instrument and honored to gain the TEC award. Most of all, we are excited to hear what musicians will create in the years to come."

In addition to the awards the Moog Guitar is receiving, the innovative new technology is also garnering a number of patents from around the world. To date, six patents supporting the technology have been issued and another seven are still pending.

The Moog Guitar's tradition of excellence continues with the new Model E1. The E1 is the production model of The Moog Guitar and uses the same innovative electronics and pick-ups as the Paul Vo Collector Edition. Priced at $3,000 less than the Collector Edition, the Model E1 brings The Moog Guitar's incredible expressive powers to a whole new world of guitarists.

For more information, visit their web site at http://www.moogmusic.com/.
. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .