Show us your.........other guitars

Started by panrixx, July 23, 2009, 08:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zummooz-fgn

Q... What kind of advice can you give me ?   Tommy Emmanuel's reply ....

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

MCK-fgn

Congratulations!!! Can only imagine what an amazing guitar it will turn out to be.
Dark Fire Initial Check Out  - Q/A
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31267.0

Caig DeOxit - Buy now before you need it !!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31707.0

vanceg-fgn

Heheheh.  I just didn't want to talk about Alan's guitar before it was time.

I'll post some details on Alan's instrument here in the next week.  But the basics are that it has a more full-size body that the prototype and also has a headstock- so it feels much more like holding a standard instrument than the "nearly steinberger" size of the prototype.  This fits in with the design goal of making this instrument ergonomic, but also have some "bulk" to it: Many folks don't like feeling of holding a headless.  Even sitting down I have to admit that it's somehow comforting to feel the body of the instrument up against one's own body.  Alan's guitar will feature a Skyway tremolo system, a GK-3 (internal), a Sustainiac and a nice fat humbucker (exact model still TBD) to drive the Sustianiac and provide the mag signal to the VG-99.  The piece of quilted maple we found for the body is just wonderful ;-)  All the beautiful details of the quilting and the binding will be on display as the instrument gets closer to completion. 

For the moment you might want to check out the previous creations of the builder I'm working with, David Myka: http://www.mykaguitars.com/
He's the one who's REALLY making Alan's guitar sing.  Well, OK, I have a little more than a little bit to do with it to ;-)

Vance

Welshman-fgn

I've had this little stunner for almost two months now, but haven't got around to taking any pics until now. I must say that this plays better than any guitar I've ever owned and has a far broader range of sounds than I ever expected it to have. It really was love at first sight! The pic doesn't really do it justice as it is far redder than in the photos, but you at least get the idea.
If you find a cure for GAS let me know!!!!!

photonutalan1-fgn

It's BEE-YOO-TI-FUL, Welshman! Congratulations! :D

Welshman-fgn

Cheers, I'm VERY happy with it ;D
The dealer (World Guitars) were wonderful and set it up EXACTLY as I wanted it.
I'm still waiting for the gift pack from PRS though - T-shirt, leather strap, strings etc.
If you find a cure for GAS let me know!!!!!

Elboy

This is the latest member of the Wild Crow family her name is Vixen (all guitars named after strippers  ;D)  I didn't need it but couldn't help it!!!! however it was reduced from £900 to £325 (GAK) and is based on a Ltd Viper 400 with EMG's 81 & 85.  Very quick neck and roars like hell!!
Gibson Dark Fire DF 2053 (currently very healthy, although the paint on the pickups is coming off!!!)
Epiphone LP custom EMGs
Eastwood Airline
Gretch projet
Ibanez AELL40SERLV
Hughes and Ketner 25 anniversary 20watt tube amp

MCK-fgn

Congrats guys! Well prepared for the winter ahead I see. Good on you. Hope you enjoy your new guitars in best of health.  Nothing else matters I am finding more and more...
Dark Fire Initial Check Out  - Q/A
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31267.0

Caig DeOxit - Buy now before you need it !!!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=31707.0

Zummooz-fgn

Very nice guitars to both Welshman & Elboy  ;D congrats to the latest edition to your family's

Elboy ..... WOW   :o  that is one hell of an amazing top...... I Love it ..... I WANT  ;D ;D ;D

(If I actually used the words that I said after seeing that) I'd have to ban myself   :P

You move your hand Up and Down that long bit and the music comes out of that Big Black Box behind you !!

gumbo-fgn

....BEAUTIFUL work, Guys!!!!!

Well Done!   :D

photonutalan1-fgn

Elboy

Tks guys I love it it's called LTD Clockwork Zombie. First time i have owned a 24 fretter, it takes a day or so to  get used to being two out.  Great neck and jumbo frets the upside is no choking.  GAK were giving them away and I am sure some will say no wonder haha but I have it earmarked for our Halloween gig
Gibson Dark Fire DF 2053 (currently very healthy, although the paint on the pickups is coming off!!!)
Epiphone LP custom EMGs
Eastwood Airline
Gretch projet
Ibanez AELL40SERLV
Hughes and Ketner 25 anniversary 20watt tube amp

Zummooz-fgn

Bumpity Bump  ;)

My latest up to date guitar family portrait  ;D 

Missing in Pic, is My RR Strat, Takamine Acoustic / Elec, Banjo, Uke and the V
GK-3 ones are 4th from left back row and 2nd from the left front row.