The Ultimate Slide?

Started by photonutalan1-fgn, May 25, 2009, 04:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

photonutalan1-fgn

Take a look here: http://www.therockslide.com/new/main.php

I like the medium size slide; worn on my little finger, it will cover all 6 strings. It sounds great and is the most comfortable slide I've ever used!

Elantric-fgn

Fantastic -

I'm glad you are using the structure i created here, and posting things where they belong!

We have a higher IQ - as a collective group !!!

oh yes - i will have to check out those slides!

. . . the future ain't what it used to be . . .

eddiez152

One of the worlds best slides.
Take a look here: http://www.bottleneckguitar.com/

A signature sound without question.

photonutalan1-fgn

Thank you for this, eddiez152; it's a great selection of slide guitar pieces, well-performed! That slide looks a bit cumbersome, though, compared to the Rockslide.

Sympodius

Anyone selling them in the UK? :)
Time is not now; space is not here;
thoughts are not existence; and life not always clear ...

Gibson SG Voodoo (Serial: 00294552)
Gibson Les Paul Dark Fire (Serial: DF 0683)

photonutalan1-fgn

Quote from:  Sympodius on August 21, 2009, 03:05:29 PM
Anyone selling them in the UK? :)

The Rockslide is available at:
Music Ground
5 Denmark Street
London, England, Great Britain, WC2H 8LU
020 72402610

As far as I know, the Kirk Lorange slide is available only directly from Australia via his website: http://www.bottleneckguitar.com/

Sympodius

Time is not now; space is not here;
thoughts are not existence; and life not always clear ...

Gibson SG Voodoo (Serial: 00294552)
Gibson Les Paul Dark Fire (Serial: DF 0683)

riffanvil

i have made my own slides for years.  take your slide finger to a scrap yard (or anywhere you see tubing) and you will find the perfect fit and be able to experiment with different materials for a signature sound.  for about 20 years i found some 7/8 316 stainless sailboat stantions, i still have enough to make 50 or more slides.  but two years ago i found a length of thin (maybe .040 wall) chrome plated brass tubing and found it sounded great and permitted lower action since it was lighter.  it works fine with vg88 units too. it seems heavy slides can confuse the signal and the vg sometimes.

i put a strip of industrial loop velcro on the slide and the hook part on the back of the headstock so i can easily go in and out of slide tunings and grab or leave the slide in second.  in that regard a lighter slide works better too.  i have a dozen or so slides i bought over the years but i like that old brass toilet paper roller tube sound.  i think the 6 foot piece mu current favorite comes from i bought for a buck was maybe a discarded shower curtain tube.  some of the best old slide guitar was played with some pretty funky bottle necks, pill bottles and big calibre shell casings.  let your finger be the guide.   a home made slide with the velcro is a great gift too.

i have to admit the ones in the first post are very slick and well thought out.  but my shop is too big and too full of uncut tubing let me justify buying one.   8)