Just thinking..... (I do that occasionally..)

Started by gumbo, September 03, 2021, 08:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumbo

Synth-Linx Customer and Forum Member Adamlee011 recently commented on the difficulty he had experienced in installing a Synth-Linx Jack because of the length of its attached cable, and the distance to the only place that he could logically fit the GK3 Mainboard in his particular guitar....

When I first built that model SL13JK3 Jack, getting on for 10 years ago (!), I decided to make the cable the same length (200mm / 8 inches) as the jack looms that come as part of the Roland GK3 Internal Kit, because that seemed at the time to be the most logical decision...

Way back then, there didn't seem to be a great number of people attempting GK installations who were being thwarted by the length of the Roland looms, but perhaps in the intervening years there have been more people  looking to convert guitars OTHER than run-of-the-mill Fenders or Gibsons...with resulting changes to the Ball Game as a consequence.. :o

Not being a person to unwittingly keep his feet stuck in the mud, nor having the desire to drag potential customers through it either, a blinding flash of forward-thinking occurred and I have decided to respond to it in my usual caring, helpful way by:

Renaming the (up-until-now) Synth-Linx Jack SL13JK3 as the SL13JK3 - 200/8

and ALSO producing a couple of extra models with slightly longer cables....

Introducing the  SL13JK3 - 250/10   and the  SL13JK3 - 300/12

...since the cost of the actual bit of attached cable is almost inconsequential when measured against the cost of the jack itself and the attached multiplugs and crimps, and the labo(u)r to fabricate, test 3 times during production, stock and ship is basically the same, there will be NO CHANGE in the price for these variants...

Hopefully the model numbers are easy enough to interpret as to the length(s) of the attached cables, as even though it irks me like crap because one of my jobs in 1974 here in Australia was to plan and implement the THEN change to METRIC for this country and the company I was working for, I have to realise that there are still (!) some parts of the World who will treasure the Almighty Inch right up to the time that the Sun Explodes and fries everything we know, love and play...    ;D

I will set about making two-or-three of each of these extra models sometime fairly soon and then dutifully send them off to my USA Distributor within the next couple of months so that WHEN PEOPLE CAN PLAN AHEAD AS TO WHETHER THEY ARE GOING TO NEED A LONGER CABLE  (It's OK Adam, thank you for the heads-up...just sorry you got caught out because I hadn't already thought long(er) enough ! ), then a suitable item can be ordered and supplied so that a thinning of hair and punching of wall become things of the dim, dark past..

As always, I will advise when the additional models will be available, and hope that this move will help those who find themselves in need...   
...by all means write to me if you have any questions or comments.

.....and yes, there's shortly going to be a very slight price rise on the (within-USA ) shipping from my Distributor, because USPS have recently jacked up (no pun !) their rates, but we'll keep it down to a Dull Roar of 3-or-so $$ extra....   I'll write something up on that in a separate thread soon....but please understand that (A) USA local shipping is charged out at cost, and (B) I am absorbing all the costs of bulk shipping from Australia (which also gets a price rise from September 6th)... ::)

More soon when I get a moment and the dust (or mud!) settles here..

Thanks to Everyone who has supported Synth-Linx products here since 2013, and kept the Forum such a great place to be.  :-*

Take care and stay safe !

Cheers,
Peter

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

whippinpost91850

That's awesome Peter. I'm thinking of building one more GK guitar before I die, LOL, Paul