BOSS Pocket GT is kind of useless!

Started by Headrusher, July 28, 2021, 03:56:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headrusher

I am posting here cause i didn´t find an proper BOSS Forum. So my deepest apologies in advance. If anyone does know one, just let me know. Thanks! ;-)

The idea behind the Boss Pocket GT is brilliant. But as most videos on YouTube do restrict embedding the whole concept does not work. I am kind of said that i have to return this little piece of gear but i am almost giving up.

Of 30 (thirty) instructional or backingtrack videos i loaded into the Session Editor not one of those is playing back. NOT ONE!
Unfortunately i have no idea how to see if a video on youtube is restricted or not. So i make the whole procedure of copying the link etc. only to find out when it is loaded in the session editor that it won´t play. That´s really annoying!

Any idea how to get this videos finally to play in the Pocket GT or how to identify those restrictions in the first place?
THANK YOU!

admin

Mine works - just like this for 90% of YouTube videos

Use Google Chrome Browser to translate

BOSS Pocket GT  Q&A
http://faq-jp.roland.com/category/show/9892?site_domain=default

QuoteAny idea how to get this videos finally to play in the Pocket GT or how to identify those restrictions in the first place?
THANK YOU!
Realize you don't have to load YouTube videos in the Session Editor
Instead, just pair the the Pocket GT as a Bluetooth Audio device , and play YouTube videos from your Smartphone/Tablet/PC/Mac, monitor using headphones connected to Pocket GT

Headrusher

Well of course, i can do that. But i guess that is not the purpose of the tool right? I can´t use the transport buttons. I can´t set markers...

Thanks for the chinese link. What kind of information should i find there, please?

admin

QuoteThanks for the chinese link. What kind of information should i find there, please?

It answers to the top Pocket GT  user problems / questions

Use Google Chrome web Browser to auto  translate from Japanese to English

BOSS Pocket GT  Q&A
http://faq-jp.roland.com/category/show/9892?site_domain=default

a truncated version in English is here

https://www.boss.info/global/support/knowledge_base/?product=Pocket+GT

Headrusher

Thanks guys. Finally i found some non restricted videos. Still wonder if there is a way to identify this feature in YouTube in the first place. The japanese site doesn´t say anything about it.

admin

Now that Pocket GT is $125USD new - its more attractive and competes well against competition ( NUX MIGHTY PLUG, MUSTANG MICRO)

I like it has the vocal cancellation switch

makalin

Quote from: Headrusher on August 02, 2021, 11:17:59 PMThanks guys. Finally i found some non restricted videos. Still wonder if there is a way to identify this feature in YouTube in the first place. The japanese site doesn´t say anything about it.

I've checked that site also, there's no information about this still. Has anyone had a chance to add a video link other than youtube to session list? By editing any thing a registry record maybe?

mindcage

Of course I would never condone this, but hypothetically you could work around this by screen recording the YouTube video and top and tail it, upload it to your own channel on YouTube and then it might load! It could also get flagged for illegal content, but this is just a hypothetical workaround that could be useful in some instances where you have fair use or other rights to record and post the music

Noirbass

I've just acquired a Boss Pocket Gt and totally agree with the OP. The session function is as good as useless. As a practice tool for connecting audio to your phone its fine, but the whole YouTube link up thing is a joke!

Elantric

I just run youtube on its own on an Android

I do pay for Youtube Premium, which gives me no commercials, + on screen controls on the Youtube app to rewind/move forward in 10 second increments and change speed -so i can use these with any bluetooth guitar product ( Spark, Nux, Boss , etc)

Luckily my Pocket GT is the early 32 bit version and I do hear its enhanced clarity and dynamic range vs competing gear. And the handy Center cancel switch makes Pocket GT my go to product for learning songs