What am I doing wrong

Started by Ahpook, May 07, 2021, 05:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ahpook

I purchased a Katana Mk2 head a couple months ago. I mean this thing is getting rave reviews, and I wanted to drop in on the digital side of things as cheap as possible to see if maybe a Kemper type system is in my future. I've always played Marshall or Boogie amps, so this is new to me.

Anyway, I really just started playing around with it and made a decent channel of my own. Sounds punchy, but a bit flabby in the low end, so started looking for Marshall type settings on Youtube. I found this guy:   THAT sounds fantastic! However, when I mimic his settings in the Tone Studio software my tone sounds like an AM radio station played through a speaker the size of a quarter. What gives? It doesn't make any sense!

It's not my gear as I am playing through a 4X12 Mesa Boogie cab with V30's and a Strat with a Duncan Custom Custom humbucker in the bridge.

I have to be missing something in the software!

Thanks

admin

A Katana is not in same class as Kemper, Headrush, Helix, GT-1000

Lacks CAB IR loading. And in general sounds very bright by nature 

Ahpook

Ok, But how is he getting that tone out of it? Is he doing some magic on his end?

I can't get close to it! The distortion is on par, but the full, healthy punch is not even close.

I don't get it!

admin