Boss GP-10 with Boss Tone Studio - CTL and Other Controller Settings Wrong

Started by seriousfun, April 11, 2021, 11:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvidelock

I checked my GP-10 version by holding Write button and powering on and it says version info version 1.00

Looks like version 0.21 is some kind of pre-release number.

Edit: just checked the Boss website for Downloads for the GP-10 and, since 1.00 is the production release code and there were no updates to the firmware, there is no firmware update available from the Boss US website.
-------------------------

Godin Spectrum SA
Godin Freeway SA
Fender Telecaster with Ghost and Hexpander
Fender Stratocaster with internal GK3 with Synth-Linx
Warmoth custom with internal GK3
Boss SY-1000
Roland GR-55
Roland GP-10
Katana 100W Head

seriousfun

RolandUS has been very helpful!

This unit is indeed a pre-release unit, and can't be upgraded.

YMMV, but they have promised me to replace it with a new unit (fingers crossed) with current firmware.

I'll update this when the seafaring container shows up (which, considering current component shortages, might take a while) and they ship me the new unit.
Roland GP-16 with FC-100 MKII, EV-5 and FS-6, Roland GI-20, Roland GK-2A, Roland GR-09 (dead), Roland GR-55, Roland VG-88 (on loan to me), Yamaha MFC-1, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 Extreme with Switch 6, Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2, SQuest MIDIQuest

aliensporebomb

Wow.  I wonder if 0.21 has features that 1.00 does not.  Might be worth a deep dive.   Or it might not.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

seriousfun

It seems incomplete, and it definitely doesn't work with either the Roland app or Gumtown's app.
Roland GP-16 with FC-100 MKII, EV-5 and FS-6, Roland GI-20, Roland GK-2A, Roland GR-09 (dead), Roland GR-55, Roland VG-88 (on loan to me), Yamaha MFC-1, TC Helicon Voicelive 3 Extreme with Switch 6, Jam Origin Midi Guitar 2, SQuest MIDIQuest

gumtown

How did you manage to come by this unit, must be been a pre-release demo unit that someone has sold/given away.
Surely it wasn't sold through retail.  ???
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

seriousfun

I just bought it from some random person on Reverb. I didn't take it up with them since the unit basically works, and Roland has offered a replacement.

I have two or three one-offs and prototypes from companies I worked for, but they don't have resale value.

seriousfun

YMMV, but Problem Solved!

Ten months, one broken arm and minor surgery later, still in a pandemic along with global supply chain problems, RolandUS has helped me replace the GP-10, apparently a lab sample that shouldn't have been released, to a brand new SY-1000. I have some manuals to read...

gumtown

Quote from: seriousfun on February 23, 2022, 03:49:10 PM
YMMV, but Problem Solved!

Ten months, one broken arm and minor surgery later, still in a pandemic along with global supply chain problems, RolandUS has helped me replace the GP-10, apparently a lab sample that shouldn't have been released, to a brand new SY-1000. I have some manuals to read...

Wow !! so the replaced your pre-release GP-10 with a new SY-1000 ?
What a great deal !!
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

seriousfun