Alternate Tuning and FTP Connect directly into DAW

Started by DUNCANRIGBY, March 24, 2021, 04:14:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUNCANRIGBY

Four Questions to those of you who may know.

1) I tune to Deven's CGCGCE , so will the FTP Connect  track this?
2) Does the FTP Connect device produce Midi over USB so you don't need to use the "Connect App" as an interface?
3) Can I connect my Mac Mini M1 directly to the FTP Connect pickup  and record the midi string data directly in to my DAW ( Studio One v5.2)?
4) Mac OS BIG SUR on Apple Arm  , any issue with fishman products.

Thanks in advance.

admin

Quote from: DUNCANRIGBY on March 24, 2021, 04:14:57 PM

2) Does the FTP Connect device produce Midi over USB so you don't need to use the "Connect App" as an interface?
3) Can I connect my Mac Mini M1 directly to the FTP Connect pickup  and record the midi string data directly in to my DAW ( Studio One v5.2)?

Thanks in advance.

Consult Shawn's FTP MIDI IMPLEMENTATION sheet

For Alt Tunings you will be required to use an iPad to setup the Tripleplay Connect for Alt Tunings &  store the settings- they get saved via USB to the Tripleplay Connect Hardware

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13653.0

kimyo

Quote from: DUNCANRIGBY on March 24, 2021, 04:14:57 PM1) I tune to Deven's CGCGCE , so will the FTP Connect  track this?

if your guitar is physically tuned to CGCGCE then you won't need to use the ftp app.  on windows/ableton it's easy to record the midi output direct from the tripleplay connect. 

the low C may be at the edge of the workable range for the pickup:
Quote from: andras.szalay on March 31, 2013, 03:04:47 PM
....as it is now the Triple Play software is tuned and optimized to the normal range of a 6 string guitar (ca. +- 4 or 5 semitones deviation for custom tuning), so it would definitely not work with a bass.

Andras Szalay

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: DUNCANRIGBY on March 24, 2021, 04:14:57 PM

Thanks in advance.

1) Instead of tuning the guitar strings and trying to track those with FTP, you could simply use standard tuning and program FTP to generate the alternate tunings as a Plan B.
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Not sure -check with Fishman
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973