Internal ctl 3 & 4 Mod

Started by Bit Flicker, March 09, 2021, 02:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bit Flicker

Well I've just had a go at mod'ing the bank up & down pedals to act as ctl 3 & 4 so they can be accessed in stomp mode.

I initially tried to use the micro switches already on the pcd and wire them to the back of the external ctl jack but it obviously shares the ground with other resources as it did some very odd switching of menus when I pressed the switches.

I had some other micro switches I had salvaged from an old DVD player that I inserted under the pedal and wired them up to the ctl jack and it operated very nicely.

Surprisingly easy. How long they will last is a different question but I'll let you know when they fail.

I get to send midi out to an sy-1000 using the Gt-10 and have some extra options without taking up more floor space.

It's a small thing that has probably been done before but I thought I'd share as I think the Gt-10 has enough going for it to utilise an extra dimension for controlling master effects within the signal path.

The Gt-10 allows me to keep delay and reverb trails as I switch around complex patches and instruments on the sy-1000. Plus I get a consistency in my sound scape that suits my style of live improve.

I'll try to get pictures up but I'm not a regular poster so this will be new for me.

My share in gratitude for having others do so much here that I've benefited from greatly.

Thank you and enjoy.