Overkill ideas with GT amps

Started by JiveTurkey, January 08, 2021, 08:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JiveTurkey

So I've been doing a bunch of dumb crap with the GT100 and Boss Core as of late. Cranking the Mustang amps with stock cabs off with Core in the FX loop doing cab emulation and post amp effects sounds MASSIVE through the stock speaker. Just ridiculously good.

I really want to try it through a tube power amp. Zero need to do so; but just for kicks. I wish I had a pair of the GT speakers to put in my 212 and run the tube power amp into it in stereo  ;D

admin

Quote from: JiveTurkey on January 08, 2021, 08:47:05 AM
So I've been doing a bunch of dumb crap with the GT100 and Boss Core as of late. Cranking the Mustang amps with stock cabs off with Core in the FX loop doing cab emulation and post amp effects sounds MASSIVE through the stock speaker. Just ridiculously good.

I really want to try it through a tube power amp. Zero need to do so; but just for kicks. I wish I had a pair of the GT speakers to put in my 212 and run the tube power amp into it in stereo  ;D

IMHO-feeding a current state of the art DSP Modeler with a good cab IR emulation -into a tube amp spoils the fun , delivers too much squish, and poor sonic definition.

The Mustang GT200 Stereo rear FX Loop is ideal for All DSP Modelers-superior to using FX return on any Katana

But I encourage outside the box thinking

JiveTurkey

Quote from: admin on January 08, 2021, 09:42:15 AM
IMHO-feeding a current state of the art DSP Modeler with a good cab IR emulation -into a tube amp spoils the fun , delivers too much squish, and poor sonic definition.

The Mustang GT200 Stereo rear FX Loop is ideal for All DSP Modelers-superior to using FX return on any Katana

But I encourage outside the box thinking

Hahahahahahahahaha great video!

Duly noted and probably right. I actually thought about buying another 200, adding some speaker outs and putting the speakers into my 212. I liked the more focused sound of the open back 112 vs the GT200 212, for whatever reason. I still keep my eyes peeled for GTX speakers but no luck so far on that front.

pasha811

Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

admin

Quote from: JiveTurkey on January 08, 2021, 09:51:10 AM
Hahahahahahahahaha great video!

Duly noted and probably right. I actually thought about buying another 200, adding some speaker outs and putting the speakers into my 212. I liked the more focused sound of the open back 112 vs the GT200 212, for whatever reason. I still keep my eyes peeled for GTX speakers but no luck so far on that front.

Get a Katana 212 cab (closed back) and a icePower 2 x 100watt power amp and run in stereo