Nux MG 300 - using acoustic guitar IRs

Started by Dr Tadpole, November 21, 2020, 03:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Tadpole

In the end I bought it...

Incredibly nice electric guitar tones. But I thought I could use it also with the acoustic. The nice thing is that you can apply acoustic guitar IRs to improve the sound of your piezo system. The only thing you have to do is to load a user ir over whatever cab and switch off the amp section.

Attached you find a short clip recorded with my crafter straight into the nux with a Taylor 814 IR.

Let me know what you think  ;)

Giorgio

sixeight

Nice. It is one thing I was planning on doing with my MG-300. I don't know if the mix can be set in the IR. I find acoustics sounding even better with a mix of direct and IR sound. Because there is something unnatural in an acoustic IR that needs to be hidden. Some high frequency ringing. It is quite good in your sample, though I can still hear it.

Dr Tadpole

Here is another clip I recorded after some tweaking and with a slightly different IR. I think this is much better than the previous one. Please remember that in input you have a piezo sound, even if a good one still a piezo. I will definitely use MG 300 live with the acoustic. Definitely impressed with this little gem by NUX.  :D