G-Vox pickup with GK3 kit. It works!

Started by acbron, October 17, 2020, 11:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acbron

Well, this was going to be a thread (i hope its in the correct forum) that i'll ask this and that about using the narrower G-vox pickup with my GK3 internal kit on my Steinberger.

I knew that Wayne Joness had used them on the GK1 but after very little searching i found a post where he said he'd used it on some gk2/3 clones.   So I figured I'd do a quick and nasty test.

The g-vox and Gk3

According the my GK3 its "Cheer time"

the underside of the G-vox

I said it was quick and nasty. 

I only connected the volume pot to the GK board and the pickup, taped the pick up onto the body and started testing. and it worked! And worked very well.. even placed that far from the bridge and way too low from the strings it worked a treat. tracking was fine other than full string bends (due to the pickup being so far from the bridge. I played it like that for about an hour ;D
Some of the guitar pre-sets on the GR55 were a little dull, but I'm putting that down to the position of the pickup, but all the synth sounds were great. the straight hex sound was clear and loud, but I didn't need to change the settings to make it work etc for the test.

I'm waiting on other parts for this guitar, so it will be a little while before install it, so in the mean time ill make this case pretty and figure out how I'll mount it etc...

Adam :-)

admin

Gurbz

Grtz,

Gurbz

Frankenstein GK2-A strat/VG-88/GP-10/Cube 80XL/M-audio black box/Heritage guitars/Hook Amps/ Boss ME-5/Boss ME-8/Boss GT-3/Boss GT-5/Pro co RAT 1987/ Meris pedals/ Ton of eighties rack gear

commds

Anyone got a wiring diagram for doing this? I have a gvox pickup sitting here, clipped wires ready to install into a clip for the GK3 board, just need to know which wire goes where;

admin

Quote from: commds on February 27, 2022, 08:54:38 PM
Anyone got a wiring diagram for doing this? I have a gvox pickup sitting here, clipped wires ready to install into a clip for the GK3 board, just need to know which wire goes where;

Get an Analog Multimeter to tap each coil with a steel screwdriver, and watch the ohm meter deflection on the specific coil for  a specific string

https://www.fralinpickups.com/2017/11/22/use-multimeter-guitar-pickups/

commds