Electro-Harmonix Pitch Fork + Polyphonic Pitch Shift

Started by admin, September 11, 2020, 06:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Billed as a polyphonic pitch shifter with two pitch-shifting engines, eight modes, Pitch Fork + Polyphonic Pitch Shift looks like it will be jam-packed with features. These include 10 built-in factory presets and 100 recallable programs, a latch/momentary footswitch, user-programmable footswitch, plus both expression and foot controller inputs, along with main and aux outputs. It should be easy to route this pedal into a stereo effects setup with a two amps for a huge sound. On paper, it looks to be a very versatile pitch shifting effects pedal.

De-Tune & Pitch Shift
Let's have a closer look at the effects themselves. The web page mentions transposition over ±3 octaves and de-tuning by ±99 cents, using its two onboard pitch shifting engines. There are also independent volume controls for each of the pitch-shifted voices, with another dedicated to the dry signal. That will let you blend this effect in just the way you like it.

Foot Control
The user-programmable footswitch has its own dedicated LED and you can assign the switch to a variety of functions, including muting either pitch-shifted voice or accessing your presets. Then the external footswitch can be used to control frequency, glissando and effect volume. Finally, the pedal has another input for connecting a foot controller for changing the various modes and loading presets. That should make it easy to integrate into your pedal board setup and give you a lot of control.

If we find out any more details before it officially gets released, then we will update this article. Currently, the suggested RRP listed is $285.10, but expect street prices may be less. The pedal still does not officially appear not the Electro-Harmonix website, but it could update at any moment, so keep checking back here for more.

Kevin M

mchad

Sounds great. Epic outro by Bill. Gorgeous playing.

aliensporebomb

Cleanest non-hex pitch shifting I've heard. 

The one octave below plus detune sounds like a cyber-version of a danelectro - cool!

The whole section from 9 minutes on had me grinning from ear to ear!  Very Floyd!

I heard a couple of other effects in there that had me thinking EHX has really outdone themselves with this one.

On the "want" list!

OK - did anyone hear the bells and chimes at 7:43 and think of this?   (Radio geeks will get this one!)
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Chumly

Can the EHX Pitch Fork+ do intelligent harmonies like the Boss PS-6 for example? I cannot seem to find concise results that it can.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman