Katana 50 MkII - Recording and monitoring in a DAW possibilities

Started by Alderyos, September 05, 2020, 03:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alderyos

Hello,

I'm considering to buy a Katana 50 MkII. I've made many researches, but there are still a few things that I'm not completely sure about.

In a nutshell, I'd like to be able to record both the dry and wet signals simultanesouly in a DAW (on seperate tracks, obviously) while hearing/monitoring both the wet signal and the audio from the DAW and the PC through my monitors.

A picture is worth a thousand words:

Note: In my case, I'm on PC (Win 10) using a Focusrite audio interface (therefore, I use the Focusrite USB ASIO Driver) in REAPER.

•It's possible to record both the wet and dry signals simultaneously in a DAW through USB, correct?
•While recording through USB, we can enable/disable the master output of the amp, right?
•If so, I could decide to hear the wet signal directly from the amp while recording the dry and wet signals in a DAW, correct?
•However, could I rather decide to mute the master output of the amp and hear the wet signal in my monitors instead?
•The BOSS Katana ASIO driver should absolutely be used for recording through USB, right?
•In Windows, it's not possible to use two different ASIO drivers simultenaously (ex.: BOSS Katana ASIO for the input and Focusrite ASIO for output), correct?
•Another concern I have is the latency. The more I'd increase the buffer size, the more I'd get latency on the wet signal monitoring, right?
•Otherwise, if what I'd like to achieve isn't completely possible, which workarounds, compromises or other possibilities would there be (ex.: third party audio routing software; using headphones in the amp to hear both the wet and DAW audio.)?
•If I ever switched from Win to Mac, would there be important things I should consider or be aware of?

Clarifications would be so much appreciated.

Thanks!