Problem opening the Mooer Studio for GE300

Started by shikawkee, July 31, 2020, 07:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shikawkee

Has anyone had a problem getting the studio to open on Windows 10?
I got the firmware updated and reinstalled the software three times, tried repair too and even rebooted.
Unplugged, replugged, rebooted the unit itself.  Unplugged and replugged again.
I'd love to add some presets I downloaded.
Is this a known issue?

Also, I can't get the volume pedal to go to zero even though I programmed it and saved several times.  It keeps going back to 21???

**Edit:Took several tries but I finally got the EXP to re-calibrate.  Kind of a PITA.

Mooer Studio still won't work after several re-installs and re-boots.  It recognizes when the units not connected but won't open when connected.  Not on any PC I own.

Thanks.

shikawkee

Okay, apparently it's the libus0.dll application it can't find.  I did a ton of research on it, ran system file checker, etc. and I downloaded it and tried to add it even when re-installing the Mooer Studio to no avail.  Nobody has had this issue on a PC?

shikawkee

One last post if anyone cares to know how to solve this problem:

I got lucky.  Well, luck and a lot of experience fussing with gear in the past.  No reply from Mooer or anyone else who has one so I got to thinking why not try uninstalling again and install the old software before the update.  It recognized the device at least but said "firmware is incompatible--please update".  Since I already had the latest firmware I figured, okay, let's install the current software over the last software.  Voila!  That worked.  No idea on God's green earth why if you start from scratch with the latest software version it doesn't work or why they don't tell you there's an issue but there you go.  There's the workaround.  And to all a good night.

admin

Mareczek

I had a fairly similar problem

My Moer has firmware 1.1.1, so I can`t load presets.

I downloaded, unpacked and tried to install latest version 2.0.6 and... ZONK. Two hours of "installation" and NOTHING.

I looked ad YT. The guy here did everything like me, and after 6 minutes all was installed.

WTF? I looked more closely. He installed version 2.0.0

so, I uninstaled 2.0.6 replace it with 2.0.0B, and next install v 2.0.6. All is OK.

Cause? Idiotic. In the latest version some files are missing (perhaps driver files)

Another idiocy:

I downloaded some presets, and I tried to improve one of them with Mooer Studio. So first I copy it: IMPORT "64A Blah Blah" and tried to save as "TEST Blah Blah". Impossible. Why? "Wrong format". WTF? You MUST place two digit number and letter A.B,C,D (no matter what, but within the range 01-64 and A, B, C, D) on the beginning, e.g "64A TEST BlahBlah" - to save the file under new name

I have GE-300 from three days, but but  every now and then such "little zonks" they come out. Continuously

The device looks good, but it is completely underdeveloped

shikawkee

Quote from: Mareczek on August 03, 2020, 03:42:41 AM
I had a fairly similar problem

My Moer has firmware 1.1.1, so I can`t load presets.

I downloaded, unpacked and tried to install latest version 2.0.6 and... ZONK. Two hours of "installation" and NOTHING.

I looked ad YT. The guy here did everything like me, and after 6 minutes all was installed.

WTF? I looked more closely. He installed version 2.0.0

so, I uninstaled 2.0.6 replace it with 2.0.0B, and next install v 2.0.6. All is OK.

Cause? Idiotic. In the latest version some files are missing (perhaps driver files)

Another idiocy:

I downloaded some presets, and I tried to improve one of them with Mooer Studio. So first I copy it: IMPORT "64A Blah Blah" and tried to save as "TEST Blah Blah". Impossible. Why? "Wrong format". WTF? You MUST place two digit number and letter A.B,C,D (no matter what, but within the range 01-64 and A, B, C, D) on the beginning, e.g "64A TEST BlahBlah" - to save the file under new name

I have GE-300 from three days, but but  every now and then such "little zonks" they come out. Continuously

The device looks good, but it is completely underdeveloped

Definitely a little underdeveloped.

The issue, the main one anyways, is that the drivers aren't in the latest firmware.  Not the USB audio drivers but the unit drivers.  Stupid.

I let them know BTW FWIW.

mcirish

I got a GE300 Lite recently and ran into this problem too where I couldn't open the studio program because libusb0.dll is missing. here is what I did to fix it.

Search for libusb0.dll and download the 1.2.7.1 version. Copy that file into Windows/system32 and Syswow64 directories. It works then. I downloaded it from sourceforge. It was extremely frustrating to get it going but it works fine for me now. they should make this information readily available. I love the pedal but documentation and support are poor.

The download is libusb-win32-bin-1.2.7.1.zip

Here is a link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/libusb-win32/files/libusb-win32-snapshots/20190918/libusb-win32-bin-1.2.7.1.zip/download

admin

I contacted Mooer Support -they sent me a unique version of GE300 Studio for GE300 (Windows)-had a Chinese installer , but that finally resolved my connection issues and allowed me to update to latest firmware

Contact Mooer Support -they respond in 48 hours

stevesilk51

admin

Quote from: stevesilk51 on September 28, 2021, 07:28:43 AM
Admin,

Can you post that chinese file. thanks

Its stale, use  working official download here

Select one at a time, then click Download

Avoid selecting multiple files before clicking "Download".
http://1804040320.pool201-site.make.yun300.cn/companyfile/GE300-Downloads-145.html

admin

Latest GE300 FW3.0.4 works well, and easy to update firmware and Mooer Studio Editor .

QuoteThe issue, the main one anyways, is that the drivers aren't in the latest firmware.  Not the USB audio drivers but the unit drivers.  Stupid.

Actually the Firmware update procedure follows same process as latest gear from other vendors
- Power off GE300,
Hold down the B and D Footpedals, and power up ( the unit is now a USB class compliant storage drive, which Mooer Studio Editor app  automatically recognizes ( no separate USB driver required) then updates firmware, which takes about 2 minutes -just follow the instructions Mooer Provides in the Mooer Studio 3.0.4 zip file.

They have rewritten all PDF manuals , so only 5% typos remain.
https://www.mooeraudio.com/companyfile/GE300-Downloads-145.html

https://v4.cecdn.yun300.cn/fsite_1804040320/MOOER_STUDIO_FOR_GE300_EN.pdf
Users can use the MOOER STUDIO for GE300 to update the firmware of their GE300.

1.Download the software from www.mooeraudio.com , SUPPORT-DOWNLOADS.

2.Unzip the file and install the software. We recommend not connecting the GE300 to your computer before the install finishes.

3.Power off GE300, connect GE300 to computer after the software has installed successfully.

4.With Power OFF, Press and hold B + D footswitches simultaneously. Power on GE300, hold the B + D footswitches until it has booted to UPDATE mode.

5.Open the software and click on START to start updating. It will take a few minutes to finish.

6.After the update is done successfully, the GE300 will reboot automatically. The firmware version will be shown on the start screen.
    Then you can import those preset files to enjoy.