FC300 and VG99 - I cannot get EXP1 and 2 to work

Started by Medo Jay1, June 26, 2020, 05:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medo Jay1

I need help with setting up my FC300 to work with VG99. I've connected the two via MIDI so I can change patches alright. However, when I step on to EXP1 or EXP2 there is no response. The volume on EXP1 does not change. EXP2 which I want to use for WAH does not give me any change in the sound. I have set up the VG99 vis System, Ctl to assignable patch. I know I have not set this all up properly so any step by step guidance will help this lad from London :)

I am on a Mac running High Sierra with a Motu Ultra Lite soundcard.

I have been trying this from the standard mode. Also, do I need to get any other cable to make this work?

I am not au fait with the technicalities of MIDI so just keeping it simple for me would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers 😀

alexmcginness

Why would you use MIDI to hook the two up instead of the dedicated ethernet cable between the two?
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

mooncaine

Buy an ethernet cable (buy 2, keep one as a spare)

You'll only need that single cable to connect these two machines. The pedal will get all that it needs from the VG. It's brilliant.

I like to buy different colors so I know which one's in need of replacing. They aren't as tough as musical cables, and boots dancing near an Ethernet jack can mess up the plug end of the cable.

But the cables are cheap. Like I said, it'll be the ONLY cable you'll need. Way faster setup and cleaner stage.

And you get ALL the possible functions of the FC300, no need to compromise or work around anything.

It's one of the few things in life that really does *just work.* No extra fiddling needed.

admin

Quote from: Medo Jay1 on June 26, 2020, 05:32:09 AM
I need help with setting up my FC300 to work with VG99. I've connected the two via MIDI so I can change patches alright. However, when I step on to EXP1 or EXP2 there is no response. The volume on EXP1 does not change. EXP2 which I want to use for WAH does not give me any change in the sound. I have set up the VG99 vis System, Ctl to assignable patch. I know I have not set this all up properly so any step by step guidance will help this lad from London :)

I am on a Mac running High Sierra with a Motu Ultra Lite soundcard.

I have been trying this from the standard mode. Also, do I need to get any other cable to make this work?

I am not au fait with the technicalities of MIDI so just keeping it simple for me would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers 😀

Start by reading the VG-99 Owners Manual and use the Roland RRC2 (CAT5) cable to connect and power the FC300

Medo Jay1

Quote from: admin on June 26, 2020, 08:56:57 AM
Start by reading the VG-99 Owners Manual and use the Roland RRC2 (CAT5) cable to connect and power the FC300

I've read the manual BTW. Many people on here have sometimes simple issues that can be fixed rather easily by expert users but such simple resolutions are not so obvious to others. 🤔 I'm learning but the manual is rather cumbersome at best. I will buy the RRC2 cable as advised. I have been using both devices via midi but it is only now that I've got time to really explore all possibilities.

Thank you for your very quick responses. You have surprised me. Much much appreciated. 😂😀

alexmcginness

Quote from: admin on June 26, 2020, 08:56:57 AM

Wash your mouth out with soap..... Every "guy" KNOWS that reading the manual is the LAST thing ya do.  :-)
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

admin

Quote from: alexmcginness on June 26, 2020, 02:03:45 PM
Wash your mouth out with soap..... Every "guy" KNOWS that reading the manual is the LAST thing ya do.  :-)

Explains why the masses are so ill informed and dumbed down. (By design)

Medo Jay1

Quote from: admin on June 26, 2020, 02:31:49 PM
Explains why the masses are so ill informed and dumbed down. (By design)

Wow! Explains why there is so much hate in the world. I only asked for help and I get comments like this from mister knows it all. I know this is your kingdom but spare me your arrogance. It takes two to know a dumbed down. (By design)

Medo Jay1

Quote from: alexmcginness on June 26, 2020, 02:03:45 PM

Very funny 😄

admin

Quote from: Medo Jay1 on June 26, 2020, 11:04:23 PM
Wow! Explains why there is so much hate in the world. I only asked for help and I get comments like this from mister knows it all. I know this is your kingdom but spare me your arrogance. It takes two to know a dumbed down. (By design)

Sorry - rough day !

mooncaine

When you find a solution that works, tell us here what you did to solve the problem, please.