Bias FX2 ios - announcement 15 May 2020

Started by Smash, May 14, 2020, 03:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

Bias FX2 is finally coming to ios

Big announcement tomorrow.

Routing looks massively improved. Loads more amps. Guitar tone match. Looper. Etc.

Bias FX owners can upgrade

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=3232283203456654&id=245580448793626&fs=0&focus_composer=0

Vaultnaemsae

The big questions...

1) AUv3 supported?
2) Have they fixed/enabled MIDI clock IN?
3) Will it still not work for longer than a few minutes in a host?
4) More that I can't think of right now....
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

Smash

BIAS FX 2 Mobile transforms your mobile device into the ultimate all-in-one guitar effects processor, letting you explore hundreds of premium amps, pedals, and studio racks to create your dream guitar tone. Now plug in and PLAY WITHOUT LIMITS - Anywhere, Anytime.

GUITAR RIG PARADISE

Build to your heart's content – with a gorgeous user interface, an intuitive drag-and-drop operation, and a massive library of world-class guitar and bass amps, pedals, and effects, you can easily create a rig that's true to you and your playing style for the ultimate custom guitar tone. Amplify your creativity!

EXCLUSIVE GUITAR MATCH

Looking to transform your guitar into a collection of legendary axes? Thanks to our groundbreaking Guitar Match technology, you can make your guitar sound like a classic American guitar, a vintage LP, and an array of highly-coveted guitar models. Whether you're recording, performing, or jamming at home, you'll have a collection of iconic modern and vintage guitars with you at all times – right in your mobile device.

YOUR TONE STUDIO ON THE GO

Practice, record, and jam with Looper, the perfect companion for nailing down riffs and solos for your song ideas. Don't miss a note – hit the Record button whenever inspiration strikes! Feeling creative? BIAS FX 2 Mobile supports AudioBus, GarageBand, and other IAA host applications so you can take your tones even further.

PRIMED FOR THE BIG STAGE

Ready to rock the show? Forget packing all your effects and hauling your pedalboard to the gig – carry all your gear in your iPhone/iPad with BIAS FX 2 Mobile so you'll never miss a beat. Fire up LiveView and switch up your entire rig on the fly instantly using a single tap – with zero latency.

UNLIMITED TONES TO DOWNLOAD

Connect to ToneCloud®, discover and download over thousands of custom rigs created by artists, producers, and recording engineers. Got tones? Upload your own custom guitar rig and share with fellow musicians from across the world!

Key Features:

- Ultimate Tone Arsenal – build your dream rig with *101 effects, 35 amps, 25 cabs, 4 mics

- Dual Signal Path – create unique dual amp hybrid setups for your ultimate custom tone

- HD Sound Engine – explore hyper-realistic and detailed tones, backed by our award-winning BIAS tone engine

- Factory Presets – dial in your dream guitar tone in an instant with 77 pre-made rigs of all genres

- Guitar Match – turn your guitar into a collection of 20 legendary axes, right in your pocket!

- Looper – practice, record, overdub, and develop song ideas whenever inspiration strikes

- LiveView – single tap to switch up your rig instantly, with zero latency

- Impulse Response – load your favorite custom cab IR files for even more tonal possibilities

- Celestion® Inside – access official-licensed Celestion cabs (IR) right within BIAS FX 2 Mobile

- BIAS Ecosystem – load all your favorite gear from BIAS AMP 2 & BIAS Pedal within the app

- ToneCloud® – easily share & download custom guitar rigs and artist tones online

- IAA (inter-app audio) and AudioBus support

- Full MIDI support

- Tuner and metronome built-in

9 expansion packs available for exploring all-new sounds (via in-app purchase)

*Unlocked via Standard, Professional or Elite license.

BIAS FX 2 Mobile supports iOS 11 or later.

Supported Audio Interfaces: iRig (all series), Apogee Jam/Jam Plus, Focusrite iTrack Solo, Shure MVi, Korg plugKEY, iConnect AUDIO, and all MFi or Class Compliant audio interfaces with Lightning to USB adapter.

Headless68

cool - interested to see how guitar match sounds - wonder if the pitch effects will be better

Smash

Still trying find out the upgrade cost for existing FX owners. There's an early bird offer on the Elite license which is the only version that has tone match. 49 dollars instead of 69

Vaultnaemsae

Hey Smash, Where did you find the pricing info?

I got a preorder-promoting email from the PG but it didn't offer any pricing info...just said pricing will be available from May 21 when I followed the link.

As much as I can sling pooh at Poositive Grid (and I really can), it would be nice to have a system that is replicable between macOS/WIN10 and iOS. Maybe for less than $50... Beyond that I expect very little from PG.

If only Blue Cat Audio would port Axiom to iOS. I'd pay a non-iOS price for that!
Vaultnaemsae's SoundCloud:
https://soundcloud.com/vaultnaemsae

Smash

So for existing FX users the new FX2 all in Elite license is 49USD

Nice upgrade, much better interface, some nice effect additions and the amps sound feel great.

Just one thing - they've ballsed up the stereo implementation in dual path rigs.

If you put a stereo rack effect on the dual path line it sums to mono - even though the amps are separate paths and going to a mixer with separate inputs tgat can be panned left and right.

It's really infuriating as I like running spring verb in front of the amp and wanted to have stereo verb at the front with left and right going separately to each if the dual path which makes sense. Only again it gets summed into mono.

What s really weird is if you place a mono effect on either of the dual paths it's integrity remains - that's to say if you pan the path with the mono effect it observes the panning. So why the he'll does a stereo effect get collapsed to mono!!

Smash

Stereo FX implementation gets even weirder. If you set up a single amp chain and out a stereo effect in front of it you'd expect - well I would - a mono signal out the amp. Nope. Not in Bias world. It emerges in stereo!

I think that tells us something about how they've implemented the amp blocks. I suspect there's always two mono amps running. In single chain they're locked together both doing the same thing hard panned left and right - a single stereo amp block. In dual they unlock and have individual paths but the way stereo effects get "connected" when dropped across the dual chain is fubar - with the effect summed to mono. It's really bizarre.

Also it's been forgetting which input channel of audio interface I've selected on prefs and keeps defaulting to channel 1

Smash

V1.0.5 just released - loads of extra low gain amps added which I'm stoked about.

Landed on the 67 Dumble and that was my night over! What a great tone. Run in stereo with 55 Dumble just brilliant.

Pleasantly surprised by the JTM45 - some wicked edge of breakup stuff too. A lot of these low gain models are so versatile and can cover so many bases.

Still no midi implementation and the stereo issue so hopefully another release soon to implement midi.

It was probably released too soon to be fair but I'm loving the tones...