GR20 adjusts delay effects paramters?

Started by kpaul79, February 14, 2020, 10:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kpaul79

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can adjust the delay time on the effects (reverb/delay) on the GR20 or is it a set delay time ?

Brent Flash

Brent Flash

Quote from: kpaul79 on February 14, 2020, 10:43:13 AM
I was wondering if anyone knows if you can adjust the delay time on the effects (reverb/delay) on the GR20 or is it a set delay time ?
I think you can only add more or less or each. Turn knob counter clockwise for delay and clockwise for reverb.

From Roland supplemental document: Customizing GR-20 Patches

The DELAY/REVERB Knob
You can add either of two effects to a GR-20 patch to give it that final bit of polish: delay or reverb.

• Delay—makes each note repeat a number of times.
  • Reverb—adds an acoustic space around the patch's notes to create the illusion that they've been played in a real-world room.
  • To add: delay to a patch—turn the DELAY/REVERB knob counter-clockwise. The further you turn it, the more delay you add.
  • To add: reverb to a patch—turn the DELAY/REVERB knob clockwise. The further you turn it, the more reverb you add.

kpaul79

thank you for responding, this has been so hard to find out this information. All searches bring back information about midi delay times, no effects parameters.

So the echo/delay time is a preset delay time?   Does anyone know if that can be edited ?

Brent Flash

Quote from: kpaul79 on February 14, 2020, 11:08:19 AM
thank you for responding, this has been so hard to find out this information. All searches bring back information about midi delay times, no effects parameters.

So the echo/delay time is a preset delay time?   Does anyone know if that can be edited ?
There is no indication in the documentation that these times can be adjusted.

admin

Quote from: Brent Flash on February 14, 2020, 11:11:46 AM
There is no indication in the documentation that these times can be adjusted.

^ Agreed!
FWIW - here is an updated GR-20 Owners Manual PDF   - which now has searchable text
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=15877.0;attach=20403

FWIW =the GR-20 is my least favorite due to the limited adjustment of the built in effects

But it can be firmware updated to support Bass instruments  with GK-3B 

kpaul79

Thank you very much. That is a drag. From my research the GR-20 seems to have best sounds.

admin

Quote from: kpaul79 on February 14, 2020, 11:41:56 AM
Thank you very much. That is a drag. From my research the GR-20 seems to have best sounds.

Its a matter of taste  - I much prefer the GR-33 Sounds