New Effectology-Make your guitar sound like a Pink Floyd Synthesizer-Shine On!

Started by Bill Ruppert, November 05, 2012, 06:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Ruppert

I thought this may be of interest to a few guys here.

Effectology Vol. #26
Make your guitar sound like a Pink Floyd Synthesizer

In this episode I show how to make your guitar sound like the synthesizers used in the Pink Floyd song
"Shine On You Crazy Diamond".

Below is the link to the "how-to" page.

How-To Page:
http://www.ehx.com/forums/viewthread/6089/

Thanks Bill

Elantric

aliensporebomb

Love it - you totally nailed the sounds but also the feel.  I always loved that album too.

One fun thing: if you watch Gilmour's live DVD "Remember that Night" they do the intro of "Shine On" using wine glasses with various amounts of water in the and rubbing the mouths of the glasses to produce a similar glassy timbre. 

I LOVE the descending slide bit over the drone, the melody, everything - great, great!  And I like the strat, a guitar not previously seen in the effectology videos.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

whippinpost91850

Bill, That was Awesome to watch and listen to. And I see you are still enjoying your Kemper. You are such a master. Paul

papabuss

FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Elantric

papabuss

Elantric ..you're the one  :) THX for the link.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

vanceg

OK.  I fancy myself fairly fancy and well experienced at creating unique and 'expanded' sounds off guitar.  And I even understand all of what you are doing - why you pick various effects. I even think I could stumble my way into getting some of the sounds you make.  So I'm saying "I actually think I know what the heck I'm talking about and know a good deal about this subject".

And then you come along:

BILL YOU ARE THE _MASTER_ AT THIS.  I mean, seriously man, every one of these Effectology videos is f-ing PROFOUND.

Your fluency at the sound processing combines flawlessly with you amazing guitar chops.  Wow. Just friggin' wow.

Vance

aliensporebomb

When I see a new effectology video it just makes me want to play and program some more - very inspiring.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

tekrytor

Hail Bill! Great stuff, I starred that list page quick! Thanks for sharing. Encore! Bravo!
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

sixeight

Bill Ruppert