SY-1000 - Boss Tone Studio for SY-1000

Started by admin, January 15, 2020, 05:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JiveTurkey

To (unnecessarily) expound just a bit; I get trying to "vote with your wallet" in these matters. But being honest; there isn't any other single product out there that does all the SY does. It's a tough pill to swallow when you want them improve something and act like you are taking your business elsewhere. There's nowhere else to take it. Which kind of sucks but it is what it is.

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: JiveTurkey on May 06, 2020, 09:17:31 AM
To (unnecessarily) expound just a bit; I get trying to "vote with your wallet" in these matters. But being honest; there isn't any other single product out there that does all the SY does. It's a tough pill to swallow when you want them improve something and act like you are taking your business elsewhere. There's nowhere else to take it. Which kind of sucks but it is what it is.

True but the company needs to stop thinking or seem to act like they got you cornered because one day someone else will come along and wipe them out with something better. I appreciate the sy-300 and sy-1000 but it's tiring being ignored, especially when we're the buyers. Without buyers, they are nothing.

That is why it hurts me and saddens me to think the sy-1000 is going to get neglected like the sy-300 did. Again it's too early to tell but so far my gut feels like it is.

JiveTurkey

Quote from: BROCKSTAR on May 06, 2020, 01:21:21 PM
True but the company needs to stop thinking or seem to act like they got you cornered because one day someone else will come along and wipe them out with something better. I appreciate the sy-300 and sy-1000 but it's tiring being ignored, especially when we're the buyers. Without buyers, they are nothing.

That is why it hurts me and saddens me to think the sy-1000 is going to get neglected like the sy-300 did. Again it's too early to tell but so far my gut feels like it is.
I am betting they will approach it in the same way they have approached the GT1000. Although one problem may be the lack of additional hardware resources to do much beyond what's already in there. Which is a lot.

I don't feel that I am cornered. I could certainly get a Variax of some sort and moutn an FTP (UGH) on it. I have ZERO interest in that, though. Variax is fine but FTP? No. Way. There are other routes beyond this but it all amounts to some sort of rube goldberg that I have zero desire to chase at this phase of my guitar synth journey  ;D If they can fix the editor, maybe add in the blender feature and any other "ease of use" improvements; that would be great by me.

I'll be back with my "All I need is this..." Jerk meme  ;D

mooncaine

Quote from: JiveTurkey on May 06, 2020, 09:17:31 AM
... like you are taking your business elsewhere. There's nowhere else to take it. Which kind of sucks but it is what it is.
I took my saved up guitar gear greenbacks elsewhere. I got an Aeros Loop Studio. Thinking bout a 1010BEATBOX. I am disappointed in the SY 1000 and won't pay that much for so little of what I wanted.

admin

Quote from: mooncaine on May 06, 2020, 05:36:39 PM
I took my saved up guitar gear greenbacks elsewhere. I got an Aeros Loop Studio. Thinking bout a 1010BEATBOX. I am disappointed in the SY 1000 and won't pay that much for so little of what I wanted.

The 1010 Machines Black box  is cool.  Have not scratched the surface
https://1010music.com/product/blackbox
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=26447.msg187697#msg187697

Maudibe

Admin.... wh... wh... why did you have to show me this? LOL Looks fantastic and pedal board friendly. Bloody hell, I thought I had it sussed, as was going to use Ableton Looper. Now I am thinking there is a better way without tying up the laptop. Nice one!

admin

Quote from: Maudibe on May 07, 2020, 01:17:56 PM
Admin.... wh... wh... why did you have to show me this? LOL Looks fantastic and pedal board friendly. Bloody hell, I thought I had it sussed, as was going to use Ableton Looper. Now I am thinking there is a better way without tying up the laptop. Nice one!

and

Aeros Loop Studio is finally getting usable  - but really needs a BeatBuddy
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=26008.0

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AerosLoopStudioUsers/

Maudibe

Hi Admin... well I know about the Aeros... mmmm. $$$ ... and just checked out the blackbox, and all the reviews seem to be DJ techy stuff, so pass on that. Back to plan 1 :)

admin

Colin Willcocks wrote>
Download link here if anyone wants to look see, or try out the new editor:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/sy1000floorboard/files/SY1000FloorBoard/
Keen for any feedback on it, 300 downloads over the last 4 weeks not heard a peep yet ?

SY-1000FloorBoard Copyright (C) 2020 Colin Willcocks (gumtownbassman@yahoo.com).
All rights reserved.
=======

SY-1000FloorBoard version DEMO PREVIEW 0.03: 12 Agust 2020
IF YOU DO APPRECIATE THIS SOFTWARE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO DONATE,
YOU MAY FREELY USE THIS SOFTWARE,
JUST KEEP IN MIND THE LONG HOURS SPENT GETTING IT HERE,
  I WOULD LOVE A BEER!!! ;-) A PAYPAL DONATE LINK IS UNDER THE HELP MENU.

also patches created by you for sharing with all would be nice too.
You can email custom patch files to the above address, or post them at V-Guitars Forum
for inclusion in a later release.
***********************************************************************************
********* LATEST FEATURES ADDED****************************************************

Here is an update on "where it's at"...
INITIAL PREVIEW DEMO RELEASE VERSION 0.03

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS UNFINISHED AND MUCH MORE WORK IS TO BE DONE,
THIS IS ONLY A PREVIEW OF CURRENT WORK TO DATE.

This project is a continuing session of evolution.........

IF YOU FIND A BUG OR HAVE SOME ISSUES......
reply email to gumtownbassman@yahoo.com

This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software
Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later
version.

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT
ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS
FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public License for more
details.

You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with
this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 675 Mass
Ave, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA.

jipegonzo

Quote from: Brak(E)man on March 04, 2020, 11:47:51 AM
Anyone else but me having weird behavior from bts.
Wrong FX synths etc displayed compared to the unit.
Sluggish very very sluggish at times.
Trouble establishing contact with SY-1000
Chrashing ?

I've done the normal trouble shooting on Mac.
Restart, ditching prefs etc etc.
(No terminal or reinstalling yet)
Same things here with windows 10.... impossible to use....!
>:(

Brak(E)man

using BTS I've had a issue just recently when saving a patch , from BTS and on the SY . The 1 instrument would change pickup position from front to rear. It seems to work for a brief moment and then switch from the setting which is front to rear PU.
Only on instrument 1, instrument 2 which has rear+front setting stays the same.
I think it has do do with BTS.
I definitely doesn't have any double assigns, I know that for sure.
GK vol to all instruments level , GK buttons to patch up/down.
Assign hold on.
Changing/writing patch without BTS seems to work so far.
swimming with a hole in my body

I play Country music too, I'm just not sure which country it's from...

"The only thing worse than a guitar is a guitarist!"
- Lydia Lunch

admin

Post your problem SY-1000 patch here as a file attachment for others to assist in debug control assignments