Teensy Four (4) New fast Teensy with 7 serial ports!

Started by philjynx, December 15, 2019, 12:53:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philjynx

gumtown

It's a processing monster !!

with lots of features

Technical Specifications
*ARM Cortex-M7 at 600 MHz
*1024K RAM (512K is tightly coupled)
*2048K Flash (64K reserved for recovery & EEPROM emulation)
*2 USB ports, both 480 MBit/sec
*3 CAN Bus (1 with CAN FD)
*2 I2S Digital Audio
*1 S/PDIF Digital Audio
*1 SDIO (4 bit) native SD
*3 SPI, all with 16 word FIFO
*3 I2C, all with 4 byte FIFO
*7 Serial, all with 4 byte FIFO
*32 general purpose DMA channels
*31 PWM pins
*40 digital pins, all interrrupt capable
*14 analog pins, 2 ADCs on chip
*Cryptographic Acceleration
*Random Number Generator
*RTC for date/time
*Programmable FlexIO
*Pixel Processing Pipeline
*Peripheral cross triggering
*Power On/Off management
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

sixeight

QuoteI think I'll still use a separate processor to scan the 8 by 4 (32) footswitch array and the expression pedals since debouncing 32 switches takes a minimum of 640ms (@20ms each) plus however much time it takes to actually execute the code. I've ordered one, it'll always find a use....

If you design your code well, denouncing does not cost much processing time at all. It can alll done with timers that are checked when the switch states are. changing.  As long as the switch state does not change, the processor can do a million other things.

It is the i2c library that may get you in trouble. That one seriously holds op the processing speed.

sixeight

Haha. Yes. Typing on my phone. Now, should I denounce debouncing or debounce the denouncing?

bowtomecha

So did they fix the usb host issues on the 3.6 and this new board? I'm sure it's a library thing but I have been hoping that they made it usable before moving on to a new generation.

sixeight

Quote from: Bowtomecha on February 18, 2020, 04:44:51 PM
So did they fix the usb host issues on the 3.6 and this new board? I'm sure it's a library thing but I have been hoping that they made it usable before moving on to a new generation.

What issues are you having with the library? I have a version that works better with Boss/Roland gear:
https://github.com/sixeight7/USBHost_t36

bowtomecha

I guess it's been a good while since I last saw the work done on this. I was under the impression that using the host on the teensy 3.6 with Roland products, namely the katana, wasn't an option and that an off board usb host board was necessary. I didn't want to sort through the quality issues of the boards on eBay to get one that functioned right.

So the 4.0 uses this modded 3.6 usb library just fine for footcontroller use with the katana? I'm considering going this route since the price is excellent for the performance increases instead of my old 3.6 board.

admin