Delete

Started by Bluesbird, December 13, 2019, 05:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluesbird

Delete

FishmanSoftware

Quote from: Bluesbird on December 13, 2019, 05:43:23 PM
Dear Fishman,

If you are reading this, I want to report an issue. I have the Tripleplay Connect and I am on the 1.36 firmware.  Everything has been working great until now.  When I hit one note, such as an open d, this triggers the g, b, and high e strings. One note is causing multiple midi note triggers. This happens even with the strings muted, so it is not sympathetic vibration.  Pickup is set to your recommendations. Tried resetting the device and forcing a firmware update, but the problem persists. Should I ask for a replacement or is this a software/firmware issue that can be fixed through an update?

Midiless,

Steve

Hi Steve,
I'm not sure what is going wrong. Maybe you can answer some questions for me, and/or try a couple of experiments, and then following that I should be able to help you one way or another. I'm sorry that you are running into problems.
Questions/ideas:
1) Do you have access to an iPad, and if the answer is yes, are you using the Connect iPad app? The idea is, using the Connect app you can set/observe the string sensitivity values. And once adjusted, so that only hard picking goes all the way into the red, does the problem persist? Also you could go to the Settings page and try turning On or Off "Monitor Hand Position" and see if that has any effect.
2) Is the pickup clipped into the mounting bracket properly? I personally experienced some very weird behavior recently that was similar to what you are describing, and I eventually tracked it down to a problem where one end of the pickup was not properly clipped into the bracket, so instead it was raised up and too close to the strings.
3) Assuming the answer to question 1 is no, and question 2 answer is yes, try as an experiment increasing the distance between the pickup and the strings, does this help at all?
4) If none of that helps, then maybe there is a problem with the pickup, such as an internal short-circuit. In that case, contact Fishman Support and they should be able to help you under warranty. I can help push through the process on my end.
I am a Fishman software developer and I also lead the SW development team, so I am very interested in helping you resolve this issue! Please let me know any additional info, such as the answers to the above questions. We will try to get you straightened out ASAP.
-John

Philotomy

Quote from: Bluesbird on December 13, 2019, 05:43:23 PM
Dear Fishman,

If you are reading this, I want to report an issue. I have the Tripleplay Connect and I am on the 1.36 firmware.  Everything has been working great until now.  When I hit one note, such as an open d, this triggers the g, b, and high e strings. One note is causing multiple midi note triggers. This happens even with the strings muted, so it is not sympathetic vibration.  Pickup is set to your recommendations. Tried resetting the device and forcing a firmware update, but the problem persists. Should I ask for a replacement or is this a software/firmware issue that can be fixed through an update?

Midiless,

Steve

Hi John/Fishman,

I just picked up a TPC at Sweetwater today and installed it. It seems I'm having a very similar problem, and I've tried all of your recommendations. Specifically, the G string will trigger on almost any note played, except when actually playing a note on the G. For instance, if I play a B on the A string at the 14th fret, it registers as 4th fret of the G string, etc. In order to get any note to register while played on the G string, I need to max the sensitivity on the G. I'm guessing an internal short. I'll be returning it and giving Fishman one more try before calling it quits.

Thanks,
Mike
"By the time I learned I couldn't tune a guitar very well, I was too rich to care." -Chet Atkins

bacachole

Hi
I would like to know how do I pass an mp3 or midi file to the Fishman loop tripleplay connect
I've tried itunes but it doesn't work
What you should do
Thanks

Bacachole