Spicetone - Wishlist for next hardware product

Started by admin, November 30, 2019, 10:36:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Spicetone -  Wishlist for new features of next hardware product

GuitarBuilder

1. Pitch detection with oscillator output (triangle, sine, pulse, saw). Like a hexaphonic output version of Roland/BOSS synths, but without the guitar modeling.

2. Hexaphonic version of Rockman Sustainor: Preamp, Compression, EQ, Noise Gate, Variable Distortion, Post-EQ

3. Hexaphonic analog voltage-controlled modulation: Chorus, Delay

4. Hexaphonic analog voltage-controlled filter (LP, BP, HP)

Ideally all of these would be available as Eurorack modules as well!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

mooncaine

Quote from: GuitarBuilder on November 30, 2019, 10:42:08 AM
1. Pitch detection with oscillator output (triangle, sine, pulse, saw). Like a hexaphonic output version of Roland/BOSS synths, but without the guitar modeling.

4. Hexaphonic analog voltage-controlled filter (LP, BP, HP)
These sound like great ideas to me, too. I don't actually care if they're analog as long as they sound like they are. Fat and rich when they ought to be.

Gimme lots of per-string slow gear and ADSR type control.

Since I'm dreaming, I want perfect pitch control over each string, and I want to be able to have 2 more pitch-shifted 'courses', each with coarse and fine controls, over a range of +/-24 semitones. A range of short delay times available for each course. Make that with any chip or wire ya want, and make it work with my Roland synth pickups.

Oh, and include the tools we need to condition a hexaphonic input, like per-string input level/compression, and a master gain on pickup input. Maybe that needs a sub-harmonic filter, too, for piezo users.

Hexaphonic freeze. Maybe hexaphonic granular delay in general, set up to do nice freezes that you can toggle for some strings, not others. Wouldn't that be sweet?

chrish

And don't forget the steel nuts on the jacks so they don't wobble.  ;)