SY-300 - BROCKSTAR SY-300 VOLUME ONE

Started by BROCKSTAR, November 20, 2019, 11:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BROCKSTAR

Took me about a month of messing around with the boss sy-300 guitar synthesizer here and there to make these 99 presets (the audio is only a handful of what's in the pack and is 100% sy-300 and nothing else added along with it). These are sounds I got out of it by mainly using the blend feature (love this feature) and also tweaking the blend feature manually to mix and match the oscillators that I liked and diving into a patch that I liked and saved and tweaking to my liking here and there etc.. It's mainly ambient, sci-fi, experimental stuff but tons of fun to play!

BROCKSTAR SY-300 VOLUME ONE SAMPLES (only a handful of what's in the pack).

kevorkian

Clips sound nice. Great work!

BROCKSTAR

chrish

Those sounds are very good and yes better than the presets. I also use the blender quite a lot. Seems once you have have 99 presets loaded to a certain synth style such as ambient, the blender will spit out ambient type patches every 4th patch or so.

Some of your tones sounded like the sy300 was doing hologram infinite jets type sounds. Good work.

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: chrish on November 20, 2019, 08:40:48 PM
Those sounds are very good and yes better than the presets. I also use the blender quite a lot. Seems once you have have 99 presets loaded to a certain synth style such as ambient, the blender will spit out ambient type patches every 4th patch or so.

Some of your tones sounded like the sy300 was doing hologram infinite jets type sounds. Good work.

Thank you! Yeah it's a great feature. I wish more pedals would have a blender or random option.

The cool thing about the blender is it gets you in the ballpark of something you like and then you can fine tune it and tweak to your liking after saving it like I did with a lot of these!

BROCKSTAR

If anyone tries these, feedback would be greatly appreciated :)

Thrak

Thanks for sharing your work. Found about a dozen patches that were really close to my textural ballpark – evocative colors that can be ‛played' and shifted around – and did some further tweaking. It's always interesting to see how someone achieves particular tones and effects; heck, I've spent many hours researching classic keyboard synth recipes and applying them to the SY 300. It can do so much, especially when one utilizes the LFO/wave modifiers, expression options, etc. Anyway, best to you and your musical endeavors.

[As a side note, I haven't explored much of the FM possibilities of this synth, mainly because I've got a Moogerfooger ring mod for when I'm in that mood.  :)]

BROCKSTAR

I've already started working on VOLUME TWO. 10 patches pretty much done.... 89 to go haha!

loopman

Hi Brock, thanks a lot for your hard work and to share your patches, they are very very beautiful and inspired me to tweak and create other new sounds/patches
the SY-300 seems to don't have limits in sound design, it's a real magic box

Thanks again

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: loopman on December 04, 2019, 03:54:16 PM
Hi Brock, thanks a lot for your hard work and to share your patches, they are very very beautiful and inspired me to tweak and create other new sounds/patches
the SY-300 seems to don't have limits in sound design, it's a real magic box

Thanks again

I am glad to hear that. One of the many reason to try to do this is to inspire people to do more with it and post their patches too and tweak and inspire others as well. Some of us sit here and complain that BOSS is ignoring us (I'm guilty of this too) but we're really not doing much with what we have either, so we need to start doing things with it!

BROCKSTAR

25 new patches done for VOLUME TWO already :] trying to make them good and different enough from the first volume. 74 more to go! :P

Wanderingandroid

Quote from: brockdavisson on December 08, 2019, 06:55:58 PM
25 new patches done for VOLUME TWO already :] trying to make them good and different enough from the first volume. 74 more to go! :P

These are amazing and I'm looking forward to what else you come up with.

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: Wanderingandroid on December 10, 2019, 12:18:24 PM
These are amazing and I'm looking forward to what else you come up with.

Thank you!!

JiveTurkey

These presets are excellent. Just sent you a little something via PayPal. Keep up the good work!

BROCKSTAR

Quote from: JiveTurkey on December 18, 2019, 02:43:30 PM
These presets are excellent. Just sent you a little something via PayPal. Keep up the good work!

Hey thank you!!  Yeah I just checked my email and seen that  :) much appreciated!! I'm about half done with volume two  ;D