8 Switch double preset trick

Started by mobozoid, October 30, 2019, 12:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mobozoid

I just got this beast and came up with a cool trick;

8 control switch double preset (2 presets combined)

I have a Boss fs-6 so I get 2 more control switches. I disable the Looper so that gives me another switch. I use the up as a control switch also. That is a total 4 switches so far, for the first user patch U01.
The down is set to change to the next patch U02. The next patch is a copy of the first patch but the control switch assignments control different parameters and effects. (the choice is limitless) So now I have 4 more switches to use.
I also have the up and down switch's set like the first patch except the down is set to -number instead of +number like the first patch.
So basically this setup gives me a double patch with 8 switches to turn on and off effects pedals or whatever assignments I chose. Using only the down switch to bounce back and forth between the 2 patches.
I can play just about anything with this one double preset, but If I want to use the other user and factory presets all I have to do is use Knob 1 to move to U03 preset and my up/down switches will work as normal preset scrolling again. 

Cosbro