Configure reverb and delay effects
    See which pads are mapped to each effect

MIX
    Adjust level of each pad
    Pan each pad independently

PSET
    Open presets - 60 are preloaded
    Create new, save and rename presets

Take music creation beyond your computer with blackbox, a next-generation sampling studio with intuitive touchscreen control. Record hours of audio and loops from your synths, drum machines, and other tabletop studio devices. Arrange sequences using built-in synchronization and slicing, then structure your sequences to create complete songs. Perform your compositions live and trigger one-shot samples on the fly. Blackbox makes it easy to create music anywhere thanks to a compact and nearly indestructible design that fits in the palm of your hand. It's a complete music creation workflow—at your fingertips.

Reach Out, Touch Beats.
Record, edit, and sequence using a familiar touchscreen interface.
Integrate synths, drum machines, and other devices to form your tabletop studio.
Capture samples, arrange sequences, and create songs without using a computer.
Get into the groove with a fast, fluid, and intuitive workflow.
Connect external hardware via USB to expand performance and control capabilities.
Record and play back hours of music with an expandable microSD memory slot.
Combine loops with different tempos using built-in synchronization and slicing.
Perform with drum loops and samples using one-shots.
Make music anywhere thanks to a compact and nearly indestructible design.
What Is Included
When you purchase blackbox, you will receive:

one blackbox compact sampling studio
a microSD card with blackbox firmware, about 60 presets and approximately 900 WAV files
a USB power cable and USB wall wart with 3 international adapters
2 MIDI Adapters – Male 3.5mm TRS to Female 5 pin DIN, MIDI Class B standard
a Quick Start guide to get you playing right away
Big Sound. Little Blackbox.
Streams long samples from the microSD card with a max sample size of 4 GB, which can be many hours
1 stereo audio input and 3 stereo audio outputs, plus stereo headphones output
16 note polyphony: Up to 4 notes per pad for samples, 2 notes per pad for clips and slicers
16 samples, 16 sequences and 16 song sections per preset
Supports 1 and 2 channel WAV files with 16, 24 or 32-bit resolution at any sample rate (48kHz preferred)
24-bit ADC and DAC
USB MIDI Device In and TRS MIDI In can trigger samples, notes and sequences
TRS Clock In and Out, and TRS MIDI Out for synchronizing with additional instruments
USB powered – can run off a USB power block or wall outlet
Dimensions: 5.5″ x 5″ x 1.25″ (14 cm x 13 cm x 3 cm)

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/03/1010music-blackbox-sampler.html

1010music Released Blackbox Tabletop Sampler At Synthplex 2019
March 29, 2019 Synth Anatomy Hardware, News, Sampler 0
"We need more samplers!" Ok, here we go! 1010music has today unveiled Blackbox,  a small, portable sampler device at the Synthplex 2019 in Burbank. Blackbox allows you to record, edit and sequences samples using a touchscreen interface.

With the help of the audio input port, it's possible to live sample audio directly in the device. The built-in micro-SD memory slot also allows you to import quickly own samples. Blackbox features also an USB-host port for connecting MIDI devices like keyboards, pad controllers and more. Most likely, the sampler engine is based on a similar engine as the 1010music Bitbox touchscreen sampler module. More information about the detailed features will follow.

1010music Blackbox

Overview
Take music creation beyond your computer with Blackbox, a next-generation sampling studio with intuitive touchscreen control. Record hours of audio and loops from your synths, drum machines, and other tabletop studio devices. Arrange sequences using built-in synchronization and slicing, then structure your sequences to create complete songs.

Perform your compositions live and trigger one-shot samples on the fly. Blackbox makes it easy to create music anywhere thanks to a compact and nearly indestructible design that fits in the palm of your hand. It's a complete music creation workflow—at your fingertips

1010music Blackbox
Features
Record, edit, and sequence using a familiar touchscreen interface.
Integrate synths, drum machines, and other devices to form your tabletop studio.
Capture samples, arrange sequences and create songs without using a computer.
Get into the groove with a fast, fluid, and intuitive workflow.
Connect external hardware via USB to expand performance and control capabilities.
Record and play back hours of music with an expandable microSD memory slot.
Combine loops with different tempos using built-in synchronization and slicing.
Perform with drum loops and samples using one-shots.
Make music anywhere thanks to a compact and nearly indestructible design.
800 samples from Soundtrack Loops
1010Music Blackbox

1010music Blackbox is available now in limited quantities in a preview edition for $599 USD. Full production units are estimated to arrive in May 2019.

admin

BlackBox Sampling Studio User Forum
https://forum.1010music.com/forum/products/blackbox/support-blackbox
Reviews
https://forum.1010music.com/forum/products/blackbox/general-discussion-blackbox/3950-24hrs-with-blackbox

Quickstart
https://1010music.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Blackbox-Quickstart-Guide-V1.0.2.pdf

User Manual
https://1010music.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/BlackboxUserManualv1.0.2.pdf

https://1010music.com/product/blackbox

Docs
https://1010music.com/blackboxdocs

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BlackBoxSt--1010music-blackbox-studio-compact-sampling-studio/reviews
Sweetwater Customer Reviews

BC   September 6, 2019
awesome
I am a traveling doctor and need to make all my stuff portable. This 1010 product is flexible, fairly straight forward to use and sounds great

My new fave for recording loops and noodles

--
Rob Robinson  August 31, 2019
The Sampler I've Been Looking For
Super, super fun to play! Hardware samplers have been missing the mark for years, this one checks off more boxes than most. It"s easy to use, has massive storage, portable, responsive touchscreen, well built. The software is surprisingly intuitive, hitting a sweet spot of immediate playability and features. Love it!

--
Rob Mitchell  July 2, 2019
"Pandoras' Blackbox"
Whoever these guys are at 1010 Music? They have made a great first impression on me! This Blackbox is amazing! It has so many surprises in a small package! Hence, the title of this review. Once you open it, like Pandoras Box there is no turning back! Sequencing, Sampling, Recording, Mixing, and Editing. Its all at your fingertips! This thing is a music powerhouse. You can record almost anything with it. From live instruments to anything with an audio output ( CD Players, Synths, Turntables, TV's, iPads, etc.) You get the point! It has a lot of cool sounds included like drum kits, basses, one shots, and a lot more. I'm loving the possibilities. You can take the Blackbox anywhere the musical inspiration may hit you. At home, The Studio, or even on the bus. Create and capture music ideas and save them for later whenever you want. It even has FX. Bottom line. The BLACKBOX IS A BEAST! I'm loving it! A virtual studio in the palm of your hands! Thanks Joel Helton and my folks at Sweetwater! Get one if you don't have one. This is so dope!

--
Customer  July 1, 2019
Straight forward
It does exactly what I expected it to do, just as with all my other gear, I won't buy it wishing it did this or that. It's a multitrack sequencer sampler that can make a mean loop machine and I can sync all my custom break beats together for a bit of this and that, the touch screen is a plus along with being able to slice up samples and zooming, I have touched renoise in a while now that I have this beast. I use it alongside a squarp pyramid, so I can make some interesting polyrythm or meters and resample and then resample some more. Really great groove box.

---
https://www.thomannmusic.com/1010music_blackbox.htm
Quoteastonishing!
baby octatrack?, 09.08.2019
this thing is easy to use, right out of the box.... load one of the factory presets & it brings with it a load of samples, sequences & even a song structure. getting your head round the architecture is a breeze, even with convoluted workflows. the "keys" screen is useable, bit smaller than most you'd find on ipads, but the box will 'host' a usb keyboard, so no real worries there. there's piano roll editing for triggers & polyphonic note playback. it will drive external synths &c at the expense of one or more of the pads.... there are sixteen pads available in each "preset" (which are sets of samples & sequences that can be regarded as a high-level 'state' of the machine); each pad can be loaded with a single-hit sample that can be played with the keys or triggered from the pad or the sequencer, or with a 'clip', which can be automatically time-stretched to fit your master tempo. there are many options within the setup for each pad... looping, pitch shift, basic filtering, adsr... so it's possible to get a useable range out of (say) a single piano sample. no multisample support, but you could spread an instrument over two or more pads if you badly needed to use the box this way. delay (syncable) & reverb, basic but useful. many outputs, & these are dc coupled so you can use them as controllers or audio. I could go on.... you can run up to 16 sequences at once, or chain groups of sequences into songs, with loopable sections.... essentially what we have here is a baby octatrack, & then some. if I could change one thing, I would give it an internal battery. maybe make the audio looping a bit more like an electrix repeater, with an overdub/undo mode. but I'm very impressed. will use this for playing long background loops, for midi looping, for running basic midi sequences, for grabbing audio & looping it.....
Helpful · Not helpful · Report
Total          
handling          
features          
sound          
quality          
Portable sampler .. streams direct from mini SD card
jam-man, 18.08.2019
I have it 2 months, quit amazing box.
it a sequencer, sampler reads from sd card .. playing full tracks is possible, able to trigger 16 sounds, loops or songs . Adjust pitch volume, filter and add a delay or reverb, you can play 1 sound on the keyboard and trigger others, switching complete programs goes fast ....can be controlled by a padcontroller for starting sequences and sounds , tempo clock & timestretch..(something the 404 not had), .. theres 3 stereo or 6 mono outputs + headphones.. sounds loud and clean ! and it have a stereo sampling input! , .. i now hope for the next update midi cc control will be added to control all from any external drummachine or keyboard ..then it is the best compact .livemachine groovebox ever ,.. it went down in price hmm .. but i love it so no regrets .and last update : granular option on sampling .. . its straightforward easy recording and playing, connect a powerbank and you can take it anywhere .. . -- highly recommended!
Helpful · Not helpful · Report
---
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1258612-have-you-seen-black-box-sampler-sequencer-groovebox.html
QuoteHad a chat with the guy at Superbooth.

Its their Toolbox and their Bitbox in one black box forming a mini MPC.
These boxes are well documented in the web, so one can get an impression about the workflow.

Here are some specs:

Streams samples from microSD card
max sample size 4 GB
4 note polyphony for samples
2 note for clips and slicers

1 stereo audio input
3 stereo audio outputs
stereo headphones output

16 samples, 16 sequences and 16 song sections per preset

WAV files with 16, 24 or 32-bit resolution at any sample rate (48kHz preferred)

24-bit ADC and DAC

USB MIDI Device In
TRS MIDI In
TRS MIDI Out
TRS Clock In and Out

USB powered

Dimensions: 5.5″ x 5″ x 1.25″ (14 cm x 13 cm x 3 cm)

File structure and sample handling looked exactly like in Bitbox.

There are actually several ways to trigger samples without using the touch screen - there's a USB host for controllers (so it powers them as well), TRS MIDI i/o ports and you can edit the note data with the controllers. It also does real time recording.

admin

admin

Blackbox 1.3 Beta
Today, 04:46 PM
We are please to make available a new update to blackbox that includes the following:
MIDI CCs. Use the built in Learn Mode to connect your MIDI controller to these parameters:
Level
Pitch
Filter Cutoff
Start Position, Length, Loop Start, and Loop End
Slice Selection (Slicer Mode)
Playback Speed (Granular Mode)
Delay Time and Feedback
Reverb Decay and Damping
Multisampling. Load multiple samples per pad. Navigate to a directory and choose File: Load All
By default, the mapping is chromatic starting from C2
When embedded smpl tags are present, blackbox will map the samples across the keyboard automatically. This tag is written by Sample Robot and blackbox when saving files in sample mode.
We will supply 20 pre built sets shortly.
Support for MIDI clock output to USB devices. Enables the arpeggiator on the Novation LaunchKey Mini MK3 to run in sync with the main sequencer
New setting for the selection of MIDI clock source in TOOLS. The LaunchKey is always sending clock and you will generally want blackbox to ignore it.
Improved knob value stability for some types including dB, percentage, and pitch
A quick start guide and other materials are coming soon.

admin

admin