Gigboard and Behringer FCB1010

Started by SteveG_UK, September 10, 2019, 05:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveG_UK

Hiya,

I've had the Gigboard a couple of days now.  Somewhat overwhelming at first - but I'm getting the idea.
Anyhow, I wanted to operate the Gigboard at 'Desk Level' (the UI is brilliant) but wanted to be able to switch at floor level (particularly for the Looper).
I wanted to use my FCB1010 which I only use with my GR-55 for the expression pedals (I use Floorboard for everything else).
DISCLAIMER - I'm a complete noob when it comes to MIDI - I just hack around until something works.

I've now got the FCB1010 operating the Gigboard just the way I wanted it.

Here's what it does:

From 'View Mode', foot-switches 1 to 4 select the various modes (Stomp, Rig, Hybrid, Setlist).

Once in a mode, foot-switches 1 to 4 operate the four 'choices' within that mode.

Foot-switch 5 gets you back to 'View Mode' as does foot-switch 6.

Once in one of the 4 main modes (i.e. not 'View Mode'):
Foot-switch 7 brings up 'Hands Free'
Foot-switch 8 brings up 'Looper'
Foot-switch 9 brings up 'Tuner'
Again, once in Hands Free, Looper or Tuner, foot-switches 1 to 4 operate the 4 'choices'.

Bottom line:  Foot controlled Looper with desktop UI on the Gigboard (as well as Stomp Box etc etc.)

If you're totally bored and I'm explaining the trivial - read no further.
If not, here's how I setup the FCB1010

I wanted the expression pedals to still work with my GR-55 so left both pedals on MIDI Channel 1.
I changed CC1 and CC2 to MIDI Channel 5 - no particular reason - I just liked 5 :))
In Global Settings on the Gigboard I set MIDI Channel to 5 and enabled Prog Change to RECV (Not sure if Prog Change is necessary).

I then assigned the following CCs and data to the FCB1010 as follows (same CC# for CC1 and CC2):

Foot-switch     CC#   CC1 Value  CC2 Value

1              50         127             0
      2              51         127             0
      3              52         127             0
      4              53         127             0
      5              50         127        No CC2
      6              50         127        No CC2
      7              51         127        No CC2
      8              52         127        No CC2
      9              53         127        No CC2

Apologies if that's all obvious.  It wasn't to me and I had a good Google to see if someone had done an idiot's guide (not that I could find).

Have Fun

Steve