For Gumtown...

Started by MountainCraft, July 21, 2019, 01:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gumbo

I think it's probably time to start a NEW THREAD here before Gumtown gets tired of his name being taken in vain,
BUT..

HEY MARK !!

have a look at this post:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg191294#msg191294

Cheap way out for you to prototype your insert cable, methinks...

You'll still be stuck with crappy PCB-mounted jacks, but after you've proved your circuitry, you can spend megabux with me to get decent Synth-Linx Jacks and build whatever your heart desires...    ;D

...maybe by then your email will be working again too....   ::)

Cheers,
Peter

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

MountainCraft

Quote from: gumbo on August 03, 2019, 01:24:07 AM
I think it's probably time to start a NEW THREAD here before Gumtown gets tired of his name being taken in vain,
BUT..

HEY MARK !!

have a look at this post:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8413.msg191294#msg191294

Cheap way out for you to prototype your insert cable, methinks...

You'll still be stuck with crappy PCB-mounted jacks, but after you've proved your circuitry, you can spend megabux with me to get decent Synth-Linx Jacks and build whatever your heart desires...    ;D

...maybe by then your email will be working again too....   ::)

Cheers,
Peter

Hi Peter,

Been playing Mechanic for the last few days so haven't had much time to post in addition to everything else..
Saw this post, and ordered that board and ten of the jacks (direct from China so it will be a couple weeks to get here).. That board is wired direct and I didn't understand how to intercept (only pass through, ie to tap off of) the signal so I also ordered 2 of the smaller boards as well..

Once I have played around with that I will need to order your jack before I can build my interface panel.. 

I found my other email acct, and it is Yahoo mail not gmail..  Yahoo mail is the same as Frontier mail (they're subsidiaries or something or so I'm told) so I may have the same issue, but I will try to send you a test email later today or tomorrow...

If that doesn't work, I'll create a gmail account or try things through my business acct..

In the mean time, I've ordered all the stuff I think I need to make my USB switch so I'll be posting schematics for that and the GK intercept once I create them in the appropriate subforum (or I'm sure admin will move it to the correct one if I choose wrong..  ;D ) for advice, review, by the membership here to see if things should work okay before I start cutting up perfectly good cables...

BTW, is 'admin' aka Elantric?

Thanks,
Mark

admin

BTW, is 'admin' aka Elantric?

Correct

gumbo

Hi Mark,

Please also read this post I made a few days ago...

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3578.msg191340#msg191340

It may contain information that could be useful.

Regards,
Peter

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

MountainCraft

I think that when I get all the bits and pieces, I'll draw out a schematic of exactly what I plan to do, and then post it for you guys to advise what is right and what needs to be changed, or better ways to do it it, etc..

Thanks,
Mark