Gigboard- Balancing volume across HR Pedal Board rigs

Started by GuitarForLife, June 19, 2019, 04:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarForLife

I am looking for some help please in how I can make the output volume the same across the 10 or so rigs I use for live performance? I dont want volume variances when we start songs which use different rigs.
I am playing a Fender Strat and I am generally using clean and ambient sounds so am not concerned about trying to balance rigs with overdrive/metal type sounds. My HR is going straight into the mixer.
When creating a new rig I always set my rig volume so that it is slightly below the zero mark in the output parameter - I presume this is really the overall rig gain??   I also try to keep gain at zero for any models that I have included with the exception of compressors,  as I want as clean a sound as possible. 
However it seems that the only way I can balance volume across rigs, is to reduce the rig volume on those rigs that are naturally louder, which then appears to squash the tone of those rigs!  To increase rig volume on quieter rigs takes them above the zero mark in the output paramater and into peaking territory.
Are there other In/Out parameters, or tips that I should be taking note of please?